Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puzzling Central Locking Problems

BenM508

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me with the central locking on my MK6

- Drivers door lock does not operate with a press of the remote button (a noise is made by the lock which i assume to be the deadlock but the door remains locked)

- Since that problem happened, a new one began, I started using the key alone to unlock the car, but continued to use the button to open the boot lid, the new problem is that the remote will not operate any locks the majority of the time, I have changed the remote battery but its as if the remote is not contacting the receiver in the car

I hope someone can offer help!

Thanks

this kinda happened to me on my mk7, had to climb in through passengers side door lol

i tried this,

"Take your car remote and press the door unlock and lock buttons simultaneously for at least 4 seconds with the ignition off.

The direction indicators will flash twice to indicate that the unlocking function has been sucessfully re-programmed.

Pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds again will change the function back."

seemed to work :l

this kinda happened to me on my mk7, had to climb in through passengers side door lol

i tried this,

"Take your car remote and press the door unlock and lock buttons simultaneously for at least 4 seconds with the ignition off.

The direction indicators will flash twice to indicate that the unlocking function has been sucessfully re-programmed.

Pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds again will change the function back."

seemed to work :l

Well I tried this and also the radio frequency key reprogram sequence from the manual just now, I expected something to happen but no directional indicators flashed, after the reprogram sequence the passenger door would lock with the button on the remote, but only if it was held down for about 10 seconds or so, the drivers door made a sound but remained unlocked, and when pressing the unlock button, nothing happened to either door :(

Confusingly, the remote is talking to the car again absolutely fine, but the drivers door lock isnt working, thing is I can still hear the lock making noises for lock and unlock, but the door doesnt physically lock, could it be as simple as a broken cable or connection in the door?

Definitely sounds more mechanical than electrical.

I'd say the physical connection between the lock and the motor too.

Definitely sounds more mechanical than electrical.

I'd say the physical connection between the lock and the motor too.

I was thinking that, the lock definitely isn't broken because it can be heard operating, so, I guess I need to get inside that door and have a look! How do I get into the door? Never taken the cards off a Fiesta before! :(