Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford...a joke?!

poohbear

Hello,

Well I was meant to be getting my little fiesta today. My delivery was today and it should have come sometime last week. My dealer rang and said it would be coming next week.

Today we have been in and told it wont be coming until the 21st March!!!!

I have said they will need to provide me with a courtesy car as I dont have a car.

The man said yes that fine. Women comes in who actually sold the car "we dont do courtesy cars"

Do ford staff not communitcate with one another or something?

I am totally peed off at the lack of customer service they have and there general attitude.

Ford also say they are not affected by the credit crunch, then they say "oh one of the factories has been shut down this week"

Joke!!!!

Do you think im within my rights for a courtesy car?

I said to my dealer "are you confident it will come by next friday" she said "no, id rather you had a hire car" they've apparently but my car on priority order but goodness knows when ill get it...

Well you know about my situation.

Ive been asking for a CC and they have said they have nothing in and they wont be reging their new demo models until next week!

I have been told that my car will be here BY friday... lets see what happens!

Seeing as you said your buying from a dealer and it's a brand new car the dealer is in the same position you are. I.e they're waiting to take delivery of your car to then hand it to you so it isn't their fault really. Regarding a courtesy car I'd have said dealer discretion would dictate "if" they would give u one but as you didn't say you had a car to sell I don't see why they would give u a courtesy car because had u a car that u were trading in for the new fiesta then u could use that seeing as t

hey wouldn't take your trade in till u took delivery of the new fiesta. Basically as the hold up isn't caused directly by the dealer then doubt you've got a complaint about a courtesy car, if u need a car, up to u to hire one meantime.

I had a car to sell, dealer knew that and i agreed to sell privately. i sold it and it went before today, as i thought i was getting a new car today. they've agreed as my estimated delivery date was today and they dont have a car, they will provide me with one.

I had a car to sell, dealer knew that and i agreed to sell privately. i sold it and it went before today, as i thought i was getting a new car today. they've agreed as my estimated delivery date was today and they dont have a car, they will provide me with one.

Are you now saying they have given you a car?

they have said they will get me one tomorrow, yes.

they are also paying my insurance cancellation fee as i've had to cancel my plan for my new fezzi.

saying this, whether it will happen is another matter entirely!

i know its not entirely their fault but they could have told me all along it might not be till the 21st.

it's on priority but dont know when it will come :( xx.

Estimated.

That is what the dealers will always say so as they can not be blamed. If you get anything out of them well done, but as its estimated generally they wont give you anything.

Estimated.

That is what the dealers will always say so as they can not be blamed. If you get anything out of them well done, but as its estimated generally they wont give you anything.

I agree--they are under no obligation to give you a car as many factors can affect the delivery of your car.

The credit crunch isn't helping as more suppliers have to cut staff to a bare minimum in order to survive so if dealers are reliant on these suppliers (which they are) there's bound to be delays / holdups. If your dealer has agreed to loan you a car I think you are quite lucky as they certainly don't need to.

Try to see it from their point of view--they don't want to let you down at all--the problem is that delivery dates are always estimated.

You might think that I am on their side regarding this but, being in manufacturing myself, I have an understanding of the problems that can happen................... :)

I know it's not easy when you're excited but try to be patient........it'll all be worth it in the end! :D

they have said they will get me one tomorrow, yes.

they are also paying my insurance cancellation fee as i've had to cancel my plan for my new fezzi.

saying this, whether it will happen is another matter entirely!

i know its not entirely their fault but they could have told me all along it might not be till the 21st.

it's on priority but dont know when it will come :( xx.

Your one step ahead of me :( i asked for a car to borrow and they said yes, i can have one when they reg their new demos. However now they have said they wont reg their new models until next week! Why wouldnt they just reg them on the 1st if they have been waiting!

Seeing as you said your buying from a dealer and it's a brand new car the dealer is in the same position you are. I.e they're waiting to take delivery of your car to then hand it to you so it isn't their fault really. Regarding a courtesy car I'd have said dealer discretion would dictate "if" they would give u one but as you didn't say you had a car to sell I don't see why they would give u a courtesy car because had u a car that u were trading in for the new fiesta then u could use that seeing as t

hey wouldn't take your trade in till u took delivery of the new fiesta. Basically as the hold up isn't caused directly by the dealer then doubt you've got a complaint about a courtesy car, if u need a car, up to u to hire one meantime.

You are absolutlety right Russ. In the past my mum had orered a polo which was late and I sold her Micra days before the new car was due to arrive. When speaking to the dealer, they asked me to wait a week until they registered a new demonstrator. I said don't be silly, don't give my mum a brand new car. Any old trade in will do. She got a 3 year old polo the folllowing day. Sometimes dealerships don't think of the obvoius. Suggest you will take anything and see what happens.

Ok, we have found out about my car...

GUESS WHAT!? Ford have sent it to the wrong country!!! They have sent it to the royal flushing port in belgium or holland!!!

Cannot believe they could do something like this!!

Am getting an identical car different colour on wednesday which is one of the salesmens car, they have been really good and said i can have it till i get mine! not the franchises fault either... very impressed!

Not so impressed with the idiots who sent my car to the wrong flipping country.

My dealer said in her whole career she has never heard of a car taking 9 weeks to come.

My MK7 experience eye-wateringly bad customer service from Ford and/or my dealer - but when I look at, sit in, and drive my MK7 Fiesta I can't get mad! It's tooo beautiful and perfect :wub:

Hi there

Just new to the forum - are you sure they sent it to the wrong country? I was given a delivery date of 20th March - when I last spoke to the dealer (week past Sat) he told me it was in flushing in Holland, he said they are sent there from the factory before being shipped to the UK. At that time he said the delivery date was now around the 7th, although I haven't had an update since then.

My dealer said this is the wrong place and they shouldn't have sent it there.

She said it now has to go back to Valencia then come here again!

My estimed delivery date was the 1st march, this then changed to the 21st march,havent been updated since then.

Will have a fiesta on wednesday, just not mine! x

Ford dealerships arent the most reliable people in the world! They say you can have a CC ands then when you get there they've given it to someone else! And they tell you they will only need your car for an hour but 6 hours later you still waiting for it!!!! Best thing is they take so long to order parts in!!!!!

I know, they seem to get all their parts from somewhere were it takes 3 weeks!

I'm having a man who works there's fiesta for as long as mine takes to come. x

When you order a factory order car its like having a baby! you know the due date, but it can either come early and your really happy or really late and it so painful!

Its not the dads fault that it late....

Its not the Doctors fault who delivers the babys fault its late....

but when it arrives its soooo good all is forgotten!

:lol:

On a serious side as a salesman we cannot be 100% on the delivery of a car, we can predict and use our 'skills' to get the best date we can. As a dealer we can only have a real influence once the car hits our tarmac.

We are not all bad. I personally try to call my customers and tell them about every step of the cars process, but even with all my efforts the transport company can wreck it in one easy step.

On the otherside some dealers are useless and treat their customers like dirt, but they wont see repeat customers and wont be around for long . . . .

Thanks Rich. Its good to get a dealers viewpoint. Sometimes emotion gets in the way of rationalle.

When you order a factory order car its like having a baby! you know the due date, but it can either come early and your really happy or really late and it so painful!

Its not the dads fault that it late....

Its not the Doctors fault who delivers the babys fault its late....

but when it arrives its soooo good all is forgotten!

:lol:

On a serious side as a salesman we cannot be 100% on the delivery of a car, we can predict and use our 'skills' to get the best date we can. As a dealer we can only have a real influence once the car hits our tarmac.

We are not all bad. I personally try to call my customers and tell them about every step of the cars process, but even with all my efforts the transport company can wreck it in one easy step.

On the otherside some dealers are useless and treat their customers like dirt, but they wont see repeat customers and wont be around for long . . . .

You can't win sometimes as your hands are tied as much as the customer.

It's all about relaying the info to the customer, that's all we can ask in return, it's unfortunate some are the opposite to your good selves and don't really care one way or the other. But again, as you say, thye will feel it when it comes to customers coming back.

Awwwww that was so well put Rich. My little baby should apparently 'land' in the next couple of days, but then they need a week to tax it and transfer my personal plate, so I am picking it up...... on Friday 13th :unsure:

Thanks for that Rich.

I am impressed with my dealer for sorting me out a car. She has no way let me down, however her boss has. He does the finance she is the sales exec but he is her line manager, promising us all these things things which she then couldnt do! It wasnt her fault and i have every faith in her, her car is on the same ship with mine!

I'm getting my borrowed fiesta at 8.30 this morning and am SO excited. even though its not mine...i just cannot wait!!!