Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Road Sign Recognition System

dsrogan

I keep getting a "No Overtaking" (actually a left hand drive version) displayed and I cannot work out which sign is causing this to be displayed. Anyone else had this and do you know why it is displayed?

also

Anyone know what the 3 wires inside my passenger side rear window on my estate are for? don't seem to be in the driver's side window

I think i have only seen that sign pop up a couple of times , i did get a random 90 sign once lol

The wires you referring to are they in the glass or are they just hanging.

Take a picture of them and load it on the forum

Anyone know what the 3 wires inside my passenger side rear window on my estate are for? don't seem to be in the driver's side window

If they are in the glass, it could be an aerial of some description?

Yes they are in the glass. but only on one side, not in the drivers side rear window. I have a roof aerial so do not think it would be an aerial

Do they look like a row of metal strips like foil?

If so they could have been for a dab radio aerial.

They are just like rear window heater wires - just 3 of them only on the passenger side rear side windows on an estate.

Probably used to have an external dab aerial fitted then.

The wires work with the aerial via induction so no physical connection is needed.

If you look closely at the outside of the window you may well see a small square on the glass as if something was once stuck there.

They're usually used with Kenwood or JVC dab radios.

• 4 weeks later...

Are getting the same "No overtaking" sign problem in my 2011 Focus - was beginning to think its the red and white lights at night confusing it - but I don't remember this happening last winter... Maybe a clean of the lens is needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no definitive answer on the "wires" in the window passenger side rear window on my estate. Put there by Ford car was new when I bought it so not an after sale fit. Look just like heated window strips. Any ideas??

Still not worked out what triggers the no overtaking sign display. always comes on when I go around a particular roundabout, but of course I am a little busy watching the traffic to be able to see what could be triggering it,

are the wires like the element on your tear window if so it could be to do with clearing it as its in your blindspot on lhs of the car ??

Still no definitive answer on the "wires" in the window passenger side rear window on my estate. Put there by Ford car was new when I bought it so not an after sale fit. Look just like heated window strips. Any ideas??

Still not worked out what triggers the no overtaking sign display. always comes on when I go around a particular roundabout, but of course I am a little busy watching the traffic to be able to see what could be triggering it,

Hi, maybe you could post a picture of the wires?

^^^ Was just about to say the same thing... Get a Photo up...^^^

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club