Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Oil Pressure / Oil Pressure Relief Valve

getaway

Hi all - I've just fitted a brand new crated engine (1.8 Black top Zetec R) and the oil pressure is 90PSI at tickover. General consensus seems to be that it's a problem the oil pressure relief valve - anyone know how to get to this as the pictures in my Haynes manual are for a Zetec-E and it doesn't look the same at all?

Cheers

You should have some sort of warranty with a brand new engine, even reconditioned ones.

You should have some sort of warranty with a brand new engine, even reconditioned ones.

Hmmm.. doubt it - it was from a main dealer but bought off eBay and they're miles away, don't think they'll be sending someone round to fix it insitu.

It should be a relatively easy fix if I had an idea where to locate it

Kl. I would be phoning and asking them where it is then.

If a get a chance to look round one I'll let you know where it is.

Kl. I would be phoning and asking them where it is then.

If a get a chance to look round one I'll let you know where it is.

Thanks - it never crossed my mind to call the dealer (must be their usual levels of helpfullness!), but I'll give them a go.

Thanks - it never crossed my mind to call the dealer (must be their usual levels of helpfullness!), but I'll give them a go.

I had an Audi engine that did this. Trouble was when the valve opened it stuck open resulting in next to no oil pressure at idle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club