Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2 Mondeo Glx - Faulty Electric Window Switch

10uptobase

Hi

New to the forum and was hoping for some help on an electrical problem on my 97 mondeo GLX.!

Suddenly the switch on the drivers door stopped working. Wont operate the drivers or passengers window, and the illumination in the switch has gone out. The passengers door switch works the passenger window fine. Drivers door electric mirror works fine too...

Had the drivers door card off and used a multi-meter on the connector block for the switch. Earthing to a bolt head on the door and testing each pin in turn, no voltage on any of the pins.

A helpful chap on the TF forum suggested there may be a problem with a connector in the door jam. Cant see where at the moment as it looks like its all sleeved though.

Any other suggestions??? Anyone know which number pin on the switch should be live? Any ideas on where the feed for this switch comes from in case I have a broken wire? Could there be a fuse problem even though passenger door window is OK?

many thanks!

It may well be a broken cable in the door conduit at the hinge.

I believe that the doors have seperate fuses on the panel for window power, do you have a handbook or a Haynes to check the wiring layout and fuse position?

If no handbook try looking for scrib'd on the web, they have pdf versions of the handbook you can look at (and download for a small fee).

On some early Mondeo and Granada models the window switches were duplicated on the centre console / armrest, if this is the same as yours check the connections on those switches, the plug can come loose as the are mounted horizontally.

It may well be a broken cable in the door conduit at the hinge.

I believe that the doors have seperate fuses on the panel for window power, do you have a handbook or a Haynes to check the wiring layout and fuse position?

If no handbook try looking for scrib'd on the web, they have pdf versions of the handbook you can look at (and download for a small fee).

Thanks. Just bought manual on eBay 0- will check out the fuses

cheers

On some early Mondeo and Granada models the window switches were duplicated on the centre console / armrest, if this is the same as yours check the connections on those switches, the plug can come loose as the are mounted horizontally.

Thanks but no other switch - just the one on the door.

cheers anyway

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club