Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More Focus Tdci Problems

JCB

Just had the DMF, clutch, CSC, and master cylinder changed, been fine for a few days, till I come out from the Golf Club and the damned thing wont start.

5 minutes of trying she finally fires up. Gets half way home and the glow plug light starts flashing, and the power goes so I pull over and it dies. Wont start again.

After another 5-10 minutes its going again and gets all the way home. Shut it off, went back out and it starts fine, although i'm now reluctant to drive it.

Any ideas??

Just been back out to try the car again, and its making a horrible grinding noise while trying to start :(

Starting to think I should scrap it and buy a bus pass.

Just to update, had a mechanic come and look at the car, says my new (6wk old) starter motor has been knackered by the old flywheel causing the grinding noise. Place I bought it from has agreed to swap and and send it out in a van seen as i have no car.

Unfortunatly they sent the wrong 1 out 2day, so gotta wait till 2morrow to fit it now.

As for the lack of starting and stalling, recons its probably the crank sensor, new one bought and installed and the old one looked absolutly cream crackered although cant test without a starter motor.

But putting it all together, I had a diagnostic done when my turbo blew 3 years ago, and it showed cylinder misfire, which coulda been an early sign of it failing i believe.

That with the stalling when cold at low speeds, high fuel consumption these new problems im thinking all could be related, fingers crossed for tomorrow :D

Starter, crank sensor and DMF are all related problems, so think your right and once done all should be right. All your problems can tie into the symptoms so fingers crossed for you :-)

OMG this cars starting to really get to me now, fitted the new starter got a ticking noise when it starts.

Stuck the old crank sensor back in car started no ticking. The CPS is very slightly different, It has a different coloured shaft, didnt think this was a problem but doesnt have the three 'bumps' on the end of it. Guess thats going back aswell.

Decided to risk going shoppping as havent been able to go for nearly 2 weeks, got there fine but had to get green flag to tow it home :(

Got a crank sensor from fords, fitted it ran well, for 1 journey. Gear linkage came apart, hadnt been done back up properly.

Drove it this afternoon ran like a dream. Went to go out 2nite, rotating and not firing again, back to the drawing board. Although im guessing now tht its not the crank sensor

I'm feeling your pain for you, nothing worse than chasing your tail endlessly. Hope you get a result soon mate :-\

Well ive now changed the camshaft sensor also, started fine and ran it round the block ok. Gunna get the missus to take it to Gowrings Ford 2morrow to get a diagnostic done coz im still not confident with it.

At least if she breaks down its during the day and shes got recovery lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club