Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf For Fusion+

PPNorm

Hi

Can anyone please advice me - I have just found about DPFs and I would like to know:

• if it is necessary to change this
  • at what mileage
  • what is involved
  • does it have to be done by a main dealer

my car has done about 82,000 miles

Thanks for any advice and answers

How old is your Fusion? DPFs were introduced in 2010, so if yours is older then it most likely will not have one. (I also assume it is diesel, yes?)

DPFs need replaced/cleaned out when they get clogged full of soot. If you have one then you'll get a warning light telling you it needs fixed. They do clean themselves, but the warning light must not be on for this to happen. Regen cycles as the process is called, requires a lot of heat so cars with DPFs need taken for a motorway blast every so often.

Peange

Thanks for respnding. My car is May 2007 so, yes, it is an older diesel. So your response is very welcome because I understand it is expensive to have these replaced. I don't do motorway travel too often but probably every couple of months so it gets a blast now & again when speed touches 130kph (legal limit here in France). Other than that, it regularly gets to 90kph.

Thanks again!