Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 (Facelift) Led Rear Lights

Haz93

Okay mate :) personally I think they are much better looking than the standard lights. I'm sure you'll be pleased

This is a comparison of the halogen and LED's with HDR off then on to show the different light patterns

post-30730-0-60871500-1357156838_thumb.j

post-30730-0-33773300-1357156879_thumb.j

And a finished photo and video of the indicators, I have to say though that the brake lights don't really show up over the LED's so I couldn't get a good video of them

post-30730-0-29144900-1357156911_thumb.j

IMG_0971.MOV

Are the indicators LED's or are they bulbs?

Stupidly the indicators are bulbs as standard from what I have seen

Yeah the brake light and indicator are bulbs, but could always be replaced with LEDs

I have a question Haz. Got the lights today. All that there is on the back of them is a blue connector for the LED's. Do I have to use the existing loom in the car?

No they should come with a loom for all the bulbs. The loom is joined together with the LED wires, there is no connector for the LED that is seperate. Maybe the ones you have are modified in some way, any chance of some pictures

• Like 1

They guy hasn't sent me the loom. He says he will try to get them for me tomorrow. Any idea how much the loom costs from Ford?

I'm not sure if they sell just the loom. I have a feeling they won't as the whole light unit and loom are one part on the parts catalogue

Best to chase the seller up or get a refund if they can't provide it.

• Like 1

They have a part number for the loom. A guy on another forum bought two for his:

DSC01160.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, I must have missed that then :(

I can't imagine that being more that £15/£20 each. But the seller still should have shipped them too.

• Like 1

Ah, I must have missed that then :(

I can't imagine that being more that £15/£20 each. But the seller still should have shipped them too.

How about £31.74 each inc VAT? Don't worry though, the seller was very apologetic and covered the cost of both!

20130104161852hdr.jpg

20130104161942hdr.jpg

:D

• Like 1

They look smart, and really stand out on state blue quite nicely too.

That is another example of fords rip off prices. But got to say they do look very smart :)

• Like 1

They really do make a difference. And for £100, I'm well chuffed.

Guys, thank you for the info. The post with the info on how to distinguish the LED from the normal was particularly helpful. I managed to buy some from eBay and fitting them was really easy.

Just for reference, where can you get the cables (8M51-13A412-BC) if not from a dealer? Also, you mentioned something about LED signal and brake lights, are those legal in the UK?

• Like 1

Guys, thank you for the info. The post with the info on how to distinguish the LED from the normal was particularly helpful. I managed to buy some from eBay and fitting them was really easy.

Just for reference, where can you get the cables (8M51-13A412-BC) if not from a dealer? Also, you mentioned something about LED signal and brake lights, are those legal in the UK?

You can't unless some come up on eBay. I tried various salvage yards and they would not split the loom from the lights.

• Like 1

Guys Just out of curiosity how much are these new

Iv come across a pair for 100 without the loom if I buy the loom from fords call it 65 for both so 165

So is it still worth it from new cheers guys

£250 new from ford dealers or £220 on some dealer websites

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

No they should come with a loom for all the bulbs. The loom is joined together with the LED wires, there is no connector for the LED that is seperate. Maybe the ones you have are modified in some way, any chance of some pictures

How about £31.74 each inc VAT? Don't worry though, the seller was very apologetic and covered the cost of both!20130104161852hdr.jpg20130104161942hdr.jpgbiggrin.png

Hi guys,

I've been looking at these lights and I'm wondering,

Since these units illuminate red via l.e.d.

Is the red tail light bulb BA15s is this bulb still a dual filiment bulb or just a single.

I.e.

Does the bulb illuminate as a tail light aswell as the led

Or

Does the bulb just function as a brake light only.

Response to this would be much appreciated guys thanks.

Hi guys,

I've been looking at these lights and I'm wondering,

Since these units illuminate red via l.e.d.

Is the red tail light bulb BA15s is this bulb still a dual filiment bulb or just a single.

I.e.

Does the bulb illuminate as a tail light aswell as the led

Or

Does the bulb just function as a brake light only.

Response to this would be much appreciated guys thanks.

The bulb just functions as a brake light. I'm 95% sure on that.

• Like 1

The bulb just functions as a brake light. I'm 95% sure on that.

Great thanks,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club