Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Things About Dealers That Annoy You

Kentish Man

As I have been posting just bought a Metal to replace my Zetec S. Went for this because I wanted one with the same sort of spec that I had. Anyway it seemed like a good deal £12000 for a 61 plate 6700 miles on the clock so I did not haggle over the price, all I asked for was a spare wheel insted of the puncture repair kit, a tank of petrol and a set of rubber mats. Well I got the spare wheel but only half a tank of petrol and they had swapped the carpet mats for the rubber ones. How tight are they? I did say that I would of liked to have kept the carpet mats but the salesman said well the rubber ones are better, it just makes you laugh thank heavens the car is good.

all I asked for was a spare wheel insted of the puncture repair kit, a tank of petrol and a set of rubber mats.

Well you got rubber mats like you asked for or did I miss something

Well you got rubber mats like you asked for or did I miss something

I wanted to keep the carpet mats that were in the car so if I ever got rid of it I could just take out the rubber mats. They have not given me anything they have just swapped the mats from another car.

Whats the differences between a Zetec S n a Metal?

134Bhp engine

Heated leather seats

Twin exhausts

Different front splitter

Ahh ive heard about the metal a few times and wondered what people were on about. I hadnt actually heard of them till I joined the forum haha

I wanted to keep the carpet mats that were in the car so if I ever got rid of it I could just take out the rubber mats. They have not given me anything they have just swapped the mats from another car.

Ah I see so you wanted both the carpet set and rubber set. I can see how your dealer messed up

Oh and the interior is gloss black.

They were originally supposed to be limited edition but ford went against their word and mass produced them if you like.

There's also the S1600 which I have. It's identical to the metal except it is limited edition and only comes in two colours. White with blue stripes or blue with white stripes :D

Ah I see so you wanted both the carpet set and rubber set. I can see how your dealer messed up

I can kind of see where the dealer is coming from. They wouldn't give you both. Or you'd expect to pay if you want both. That's bad with the petrol though.

i go along with marcr1 i prefer the s1600 as it seems to stick out a bit, and i like the stripes

i go along with marcr1 i prefer the s1600 as it seems to stick out a bit, and i like the stripes

:D ditto! Probably slightly biased as we own them but they get so many looks driving down the street! Also the amount of good comments I get from total strangers is unreal!

The metal is good looking car but loads of ZS owners have sprayed their wheels black so it doesn't stand out. I always have to see if I can see the double exhausts to check if its a metal :P

I got my new metal last week the carpet mats are part of the speck that comes with the car due to them being colour coded with the white stitching round the edges so I would go back & ask for them. The dealer that I got mine from gave me both sets

True! They have the ford motor sport branding as well, they are part of the car whether the dealer likes it or not!

Thanks the salesman who sold me the car was not there last week so I was dealing with someone else I was going back on Monday anyway, I had the car smartguarded and they did not give me any leather cleaner in the kit that you get with it.

Annoying things dealers do ? How about removing a reg plate and replacing it with their own branded one and just !Removed! it into the metalwork? That's annoying when you have a short plate. And also when they turn your interior into silicone valley!

134Bhp engine

Heated leather seats

Twin exhausts

Different front splitter

Different downpipes and a different gearbox too, which IMO makes the biggest difference. And the gear change indicator comes in at the redline. is it a different airbox as well ?

Worth pointing out that its only the 2011 s1600 / metal that have the performance changes. The 2010 one was just cosmetic changes.

I have driven the 2010 and the 2011 in the same day and there's enough difference between them to warrant going from a zs to a metal ( same scenario, different shape)

Ah I didn't realise there was a different gearbox? Yeah I forgot about the shift indicator light as well. The extra 14 horse power really does make the difference. I test drove the both and it was a no brainer

I pretty much only drive around the city and I get 32mpg sometimes goes up to 34. How about you?