Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rust

puggy89

Evening everyone,

I have a problem with rust on the inside of both rear doors. It's along the bottom currently and I'm worried its going to spread.

Is this a problem I can fix myself? If so any tips would be great. If not does anyone have a rough idea of how much it will cost if I take it to a body repair shop?

Cheers

A quick sand down and a dab of rust cure will work a treat.

A careful spray with primer, colour matched paint and lacquer will be all you need.

As it's not a place where someone will normally look a perfect finish is not necessary unless you prefer perfection.

Brilliant I will give it a go, thanks very much for the advice. Will let you know how it goes

Please do.

That reminds me that I have a fingernail sized spot of rust up under my wheel arch that needs doing when I get back off holiday.

Just need to get some primer and curust.

waxoil the inside of the doors most tins come with a flexible nozzle that will fit in the drain hole and it will kill any internal rust

Brilliant will pick some up, I'm going to give it a go tomorrow will post pics once done.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club