Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mkv 5 Door Radio Replacement & Body Accessories

Drummer

Hi folks,

Ok, so I'm getting my first road going car soon; a Fiesta MkV 5 door. The previous owner upgraded the original cassette player to a CD player, but it's faulty. I'd like to replace it with a reasonably priced CD player with AUX socket. The socket is the most important part, as I'll likely play playlists from Spotify on my Phone, as opposed to lugging about CDs and getting them scratched. Can anyone advise me on this please? I know it's not just a simple case of taking the old one out and sliding a new one in, as it is in some older cars, because it needs the fascia. I've never replaced a radio like this, so I'm wondering what I'll need and where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I'm wondering if there's a spoiler available that's similar to this, which is featured on the MkVII Titanium. Obviously I'm not looking for exactly the same shape, as it wouldn't fit the older model, but something as close as possible to it; backwardly sweeping, almost cowl like in shape and with a wide centre panel. The brake light isn't overly important, but would be a nice touch.

If the year of production is needed, I'll have to wait before I can pass that information on, as I don't have anything to refer to yet (I'm not actually receiving the car until later in the week).

Thankyou kindly for welcoming me to the forums!

Hey mate proud owner of a mk5 here i also have a headunit available on eBay currently going for £5 i believe it has a rear aux so just feed your aux cable down your centre console, comes with iso cables most important part, cage and surround so all you need is the fascia, i will post link if your interested, ill throw in some radio keys if you have the standard fiesta radio in your car if you win :)

Thanks; it's the fascia I'm confused with, what's the deal with them? I've only ever had head units that slide in, I've never messed about with fascias.

fascia just pushes in. Really easy. but before you do that put the cage in first and there's 4 tangs which you need to bend to secure it to the fascia. then radio clips to the cage. I believe I have the sony keys also incase you need to remove it. My pioneer slides inside the sony cage because its not a pioneer cage etc. :)

Not much I can say about the spoiler. Not often people mess with Mk5 spoilers

Ok well thanks for the info, that's a great help! I won't be able to buy anything for the time being, as I just blew all my money on the car, but I'll be on the look out. ;)