Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love It !! But A Few Problems.

russellf

Hi, have had the B-Max a week now, after trading up from the Fiesta. I really do love it as it is very nice to drive and I love the convenience of the doors. But it did have a problem with the boot switch which had to be replaced, and now when going round a corner it thinks the driver door has opened !! Getting this sorted out next week. Hopefully thats the end of the problems.

• 9 months later...

Guest R.mcherson

Hi, have had the B-Max a week now, after trading up from the Fiesta. I really do love it as it is very nice to drive and I love the convenience of the doors. But it did have a problem with the boot switch which had to be replaced, and now when going round a corner it thinks the driver door has opened !! Getting this sorted out next week. Hopefully thats the end of the problems.

Very strange errors your experiencing! probably will be a door lock that needs replacing!

• 3 months later...

Hi, I don't want to alarm you but you may find in the next few months you will get the "Engine Malfunction service Now" notice. Your engine will go to 'limp mode' or at worst, cut out completely. It's a software fault that is becoming common in the 2012 B-Max and Fiesta. I've just got rid of my B-Max as I got fed up with not getting anywhere with reprogramming at the dealership. I hope you have a problem free ownership but watch out. x

Helpful share of information there Liz, thanks!

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

had my B max 14days now done 800 miles happy to report no problems we both love the car,we were worried about parting with our larger car but the B max suits us fine

• 5 years later...
On 12/26/2013 at 11:50 PM, liz-jazzie's-mum said:

Hi, I don't want to alarm you but you may find in the next few months you will get the "Engine Malfunction Service Now" notice. Your engine will go to 'limp mode' or at worst, cut out completely. It's a software fault that is becoming common in the 2012 B-Max and Fiesta. I've just got rid of my B-Max as I got fed up with not getting anywhere with reprogramming at the dealership. I hope you have a problem free ownership but watch out. x

Sorry for digging out this old post but I bought myself a used 2012 B-Max 1.0 Ecoboost 125hp last November and i'm experiencing exactly what you say like 2-3 days every month. It's no big deal in the city but It once occured in a trip up-hill and It almost left us there. Is there any permanent solution?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club