Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Problem.

JoshVDD

Right i'll try and keep this short. Jump started the car about a week ago after the leaving the lights on (Ive got a memory like a sieve) after which the steering has been abit strange. The main problems seem to be:

1) Strange clicking/crunching sound with each half turn of the wheel

2) When I centre the steering wheel and have an indicator on, the indicator wont automatically turn off like it usually would.

Just wondered if anyone had an idea if this was something to do with the jump start or if its a poorly timed coincedence.

The car is still fully driveable and i dont feel like im not in control at anytime but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas? im trying to drive as infrequently as possible but im afraid not driving isnt an option!

any help would be appreciated cheers!

On the newer fords your not suppose to jump start them. Doing so can blow modules or fry part or all of the ecu.

Could be the cause

any idea how new mate? mines a 53 plate so its a good few years old now.

I am not sure how new, but when I picked up my new one 3 months ago I was told that I should not jump start it.

Am not too sure. Think it will effect all the mk6 fiestas tho.

Am not too sure. Think it will effect all the mk6 fiestas tho.

ive jump started a couple of 56 plate mk6's with no probs.

Only happens on rare occasions. Ive jump started plenty of new fords in my time without any problems. Touch wood!

Ford wont just be saying not to jump start them without good reason. That reason being that you can blow the modules.