Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST Stripes

Azza

I'm thinking of buying some Vinyl Stripes to put on my MK6 Fiesta and i know that 200mm strips up the middle will be ok, but i have been on eBay and there is one that sells 33mm stripes and one that sells 40mm stripes and i was wondering what the actual width of the side stripes on an ST are.

Post if you know =)

Thanks

I'll put Stripes on my car if i want, still waiting for someone to tell me the width of the side stripes though ¬¬

I'll put Stripes on my car if i want, still waiting for someone to tell me the width of the side stripes though ¬¬

I agree!!!

Um i really cant help you though :( google give you nothing?

Absolutely right who am I to tell you what to do and it will look daft. A google search has revealed they are 10inch stripes with a 2 inch centre split (thats 250mm wide stripes with a 50mm gap)

Why would they look daft? It will look very similar to the ST and to be fair noone is going to laugh at me because being 17 most of the people i know can't even drive yet, so are impressed by anything.

Does anyone know how wide the ones that go on the sides are, as i knew what how wide the viper stripes were but not how wide the side ones are, which coinsidently i dnno whether they are worth the extra money to go with the viper stripes.

Why would they look daft? It will look very similar to the ST

Cos its not an ST. But like you said its your car. The side stripes are 40mm high.

May I be so bold to suggest you look at this set. It has Ford where the ST logo would normally go.

Why would they look daft? It will look very similar to the ST

You should do whatever YOU want with YOUR car, it won't however look anything like an ST.

You should do whatever YOU want with YOUR car, it won't however look anything like an ST.

I thought about having a set of stripes over the roof and down the side of our Sportka but Janet reckons her car looks better without them--maybe she's been to the same school of thought as SY99...........

Seriously though, having seen both Fiestas and Sportkas with and without stripes I guess it's just personal taste.

And, on a postive note, not having them saves me a bit of wonga......... :)

As people have said above, it wont ever look like a ST because the real ST has dfferent bumpers, alloys, seats etc. Oh and the fact that when you try to beat somebody off the lights....you wont be going anywhere fast. Just by putting strips on it wont help towards the "ST" image and will just go towards the chav image, which to be fair i dont like as the fiesta shouldn't really carry that chav image

I've seen people put ST stripes on fiestas and even a Ka (including the ST logo). I've also seen people stood pointing at them and laughing. Yeah if you want to impress 17 year old easily impressed kids do it. It you wanna impress the modified car world get an ST or dont just stick higher spec decals on your car. End of the day you're gonna look a right numpty when some other chav blows you away at the lights. Like I've said a few times, your cars do what you like.

I've seen people put ST stripes on fiestas and even a Ka (including the ST logo). I've also seen people stood pointing at them and laughing. Yeah if you want to impress 17 year old easily impressed kids do it. It you wanna impress the modified car world get an ST or dont just stick higher spec decals on your car. End of the day you're gonna look a right numpty when some other chav blows you away at the lights. Like I've said a few times, your cars do what you like.

personaly i think your spot on, if any stripes are guna look good its only the ones on the side of the car like on the st and the rs fiesta concept! ihave a facelift mk6 and personaly do not think it would look good at all. unless you get the whole kit, bumbers alloys ect but remember 1 thing cars wit something different look better than something that is common do something different will stand out more and noone els will have . good luck with what eva you do with it id save my money and put it towards a stfront rear bumper with the side skirts and even the spoiler!

• 4 years later...

Nothing wrong with putting stripes on, adds to the beauty of the car. I also have a normal fiesta and am putting stripes on as i love the look of the st viper stripes. They are plain stripes without any st branding therefore i am not trying to say my fiesta is a st. Who cares if anyone thinks its funny anyway? If they are laughing its due to their jealousy of having a less gorgeous car than you anyway, so goodluck mate!

In case you are wondering, the top stripes are 21,5 cm in width with a 2,5 cm gap inbetween. the side stripes start 5 cm up from the top of the sideskirt, with a 3.5cm stripe, a 5mm gap, and then another 3.5cm stripe.

I hope this helps:)

It might have helped 4 years ago :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club