Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Bluetooth Control Unit (Mk7)

haigboardman

Ive got a 2009 1.4 petrol Titanium, and only got the standard stereo/head unit (no bluetooth). I am just wondering if it's possible to swap the head unit for the one with bluetooth, obviously ill get all the other gubbins needed (please tell me what i need if you know). so yeah does anyone know if this is possible? ive seen the head units on eBay for around £100.

Many Thanks.

You will need:

• Bluetooth module
  • Screw to bolt module to panel
  • Mic
  • Panel for roof (needed to cut out some of roof lining)
  • Stalk with voice control button
  • Multiline display
  • Control panel with extra buttons
  • Wiring loom(s)

and then someone with Ford IDS to activate it for you

thanks, do you know of anyone who has done this and has worked by any chance? ive read alot that its worked and alot saying no chance.

cheers.

I've activated it for 2 people that have done the upgrade, and installed USB for many more.

okay thank you very much, when ive fitted it all then am i to take it to ford for them to activate it or would they just feed me some sh*t?

They CAN do it but they'll either say it's not possible or charge an hours labour at least I reckon! (£90+VAT?)

Hi

Ive done it. The head unit comes in two parts (one is screwed to the other), the control panel and the cd unit. As far as im aware the cd unit is standard its the control panel thats different.

Its reasonably easy, feeding the extra wiring on the new loom is the worst bit.

I was one of the two people Nath activated it for, nice chap, only took him 10 mins.

Hi

I bought the loom and mic from a ford dealer, if you search on here there is a thread somewhere with the part numbers on.

I originally bought the mic for my focus but when i traded it in i took out all the bits and put them into the fiesta its the same part

Okay thanks for all the info, so was there two wiring looms? Just asking because i dont think i got the wire already for the microphone, how hard was it all to fit once you got the bits?

Hi

Thinking back i think there were three separate parts, the main one with the bluetooth module connector on it which also goes up to the control panel, one which piugs in that and runs up the a pillar and across the roof lining for the mic and another which also plugs into the first and goes up the centre console to the usb/aux port under the gearstick.

The main loom was the hardest coz you have to get the connector up behind the dash to the control panel and theres not a lot of room, the others werent that bad

• 2 months later...

Hi Tom,

Did you switch out the complete loom or did you add it to the existing loom? Do i have to cut into existing cables?

I'm looking to do the same upgrade as you did. Could you pm me how much everything in total costed?

Also did you have to replace the GEM?

No cutting required the loom was in addition to the wiring already in the car although one connector plug on the new main loom replaced one which went into one of the two sockets behind the head unit/control panel. The gem is updated using the ids software Nath talked about. He updated mine only took about 10 minutes.

Does the required IDS coding differ when you upgrade from non-bluetooth to bluetooth, from the coding needed from bluetooth to bluetooth+usb?

The latter is like this:

IDS:
The 3 parameters are:
Voice Control: select Basic Voice Recognition
Accessory USB unit: select With USB and iPod Function
Bluetooth handsfree: select BT/VC Phone Interface + USB connection

I got someone to do this for me. I think its just a metter of ticking the right options you require in the ids

• 6 years later...

Hi I’m wondering if anyone can help please? I have a Mk 7 Ford Fiesta (2013) it has bog standard features. No DAB, no satnav, no handsfree, no bluetooth.. I’m wondering if I am able to buy an upgraded stereo, same shape and buy wiring etc to enable it to work or do I have to buy all the receivers and everything separately? I’m really confused! 

3 hours ago, LeanneD01 said:

Hi I’m wondering if anyone can help please? I have a Mk 7 Ford Fiesta (2013) it has bog standard features. No DAB, no satnav, no handsfree, no Bluetooth.. I’m wondering if I am able to buy an upgraded stereo, same shape and buy wiring etc to enable it to work or do I have to buy all the receivers and everything separately? I’m really confused! 

Whoops just seen you have a facelift fiesta lol. This post is for the pre-facelift fiesta which was a little different to setup.

I'm not sure you can retrofit bluetooth (SYNC) to the facelift fiesta. It communicates a lot more with the ECU for safety readouts etc. Theres not many facelifts that dont come bluetooth tbh, you must've just bought a poverty spec one 😕

• 1 year later...

Hi I know an old post but where did u control the phone from steering wheel or radio? Cheers 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club