Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Coolant Leak

bmw_789

Hi all this is my first post so hope this is the right way to go about it,i have got a ford focus 2006 1.8 tdci i have noticed the passanger side of the carpet is socking wet not had chance to dry it yet also noticed the coolant level is below min,no warning light came on is is worring,i have notice between the coolant reservoir and the engine there is circular metal component with a metal bracket over it the coolant seems to be leaking out the top of it anyone have any idea what this could be? thanks.

examine plant pollen narrow cover? mk1s had this issue.. it wasn't closing effectively and so they created a customized steel protect.. donno how this is on the mk2 though...

Hi thanks for the reply i have changed the the pollen filter and today have taken out the carpets from the car to get them dry and also to find out where the leak is coming from.

The pollen filter doesnt leak on the mk2 sounds like youre heater matrix has gone to be honest

Thanks is it a big job to change to change the heater matrix, i have read that all the dash needs to come off is this true?

Thats very true and yes its an expensive job if thats where the leaks coming from youll need a pressure test done first dont expect any change from £600-800 its around 10hrs for labour

Is there any way of making sure its the heater matrix without doing a pressure test? ,as i still cant tell where the leak is coming from thanks

Not really a leak in that area can be the matrix or a leaking windscreen or missing seam sealant on the wheel arch or bulkhead you could pull the carpet back and get a hose over the car

Is it coolant or rain water? Top the coolant up and see if the level drops again...

i have topped up coolant and will take the car to a car wash and see what happens.

I have know had the car wash no water came in to the car i have noticed my temperature gauge does not seem to go up much now just goes above 60 but there is hot air coming from the blower,does anyone know what the part is called in the picture it is under the coolant tank it has got a rubber top which has got a split in in and is leaking some sort of fluid from it any help would be very greatful thanks.

post-39091-0-44521800-1355414295_thumb.j

just found out the part is called a engine motor mounting and they seem to be a common problem on the focus mk2.

That cant be leaking mate there is no water in that. Maybe its running from somewhere then onto that but it is impossible for that to be leaking.

Hi mate i don't think its leaking water,but some sort of oil,there seems to be a slit in the rubber and when you push down on it some sort of fluid comes out of it,i have phoned ford for the part but they want £150 for it will have to see if i can find a secondhand one.my leak inside the car is coming from the tailgate maybe where the lights are not sure yet still have to investigate.

Do you get any knocking or banging noises when pulling away especially when on a hill etc? I am very dubious as to whether that engine mount needs replacing but its your car mate. Just thought Id mention it don't want to replace parts that don't need changing I work for Ford and I've never seen one need changing yet. Not to say yours doesn't but be very sure before spending bucks on a part you don't need.

Thanks for the input,i do get a grinding noise when going round corner not sure if this has got something to do with the engine mount,there is diffidently a slit in the rubber top with some sort of fluid coming from it,do you know if i could get the engine mount from somewhere apart from ford dealership many thanks.

Rear leak will be light screws and the top of the boot hinge where it wasnt sealed yes the mounts are oil filled they are easy to get on eBay just make sure they confirm no leaks and splits

Hi just an update the leak was from the light screws its amazing how much water gets in from such small holes i have now sealed the holes with some sealant and have no water come in so hoping all is okay thanks to all the people who have commented.