Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Tdci 2.2 St 155 Egr Valve..............

Vade

the car runs smoother since the egr has been blanked and less lag also. The only problem was that ford put the egr on in the first place.

+1 exactly

i didnt say you'd break anything,but you're not running the engine the way its supposed to run. go find a diagnostics kit,& plug it in,in a car with a fully functioning EGR,take it for a run,record the data then store it. blank the egr,reset ecu,take for a run,do the same run,record data(temps etc),then compare the two.Ive done it before. think you'll be surprised.

it runs smoother, less lag and no black smoke, since blanking it, the diagnostics can say what they like, if its running better who cares if its not running how ford intended.

I have been informed by several mechanics, ford and non ford that the black smoke is due to the timing between the egr closing and the turbo kicking in is slightly out. They say the turbo pressure builds up before the egr has completely closed so there is a split second where there is back pressure and inlet air gets blown down the metal pipe from the egr into the exhaust causing the black smoke, this is a known fault but not worth recalling as it isnt of any danger and they cant fix it anyway due to the software system.

Firmware updates took care of these issues.Also took care of flat spots & lag issues with variable vane turbos. Better fuel consumption as well due to these corrections

the original arguement was that the car pulled better/no flat spots etc,better/cheaper,etc.

and i said the car will run better,have less lag,run cooler,etc,when egr is connected & doing its job.

i dont doubt that blanking will stop smoke though.BUT you're only pushing the problem outta sight. AND for a ford chief mechanic to take that short cut,is pretty !REMOVED! up in the 1st place

and when you say many foc member s have blanked with good results,compared to what? you're only hiding the original problem with the engine,thats what i cant get my head round? why would you wanna tell folk to fit a blanking plate,when they should be finding the reason their cars are smoking like hell! if they spent a few more quid they'd probably find the right reason & not have to resort to shortcuts. egr's are NOT only for emissions,i keep saying,but whats the point,ya's have already decided on the 1 course of action,& to hell with the consequences.oh well

Blanking the EGR does not "hide" the problem, it removes the problem permanently

More often than not, its the EGR valve/ system that IS the problem

You don't need an EGR valve/ system on a diesel engine - simples

The "consequences" of fitting a solid stainless steel EGR blanking plate are -

Better starting

Less smoke

More reliable

Cleaner inlet

EGR housing and Inlet do not get coked up

Better performance

Less flat spots

Less turbo lag

Slightly better economy

(Much) Cheaper than replacing the EGR valve

+ the only genuine drawback - the engine management light may come on on Euro4/5 compliant engines

Blanking the EGR does not "hide" the problem, it removes the problem permanently

More often than not, its the EGR valve/ system that IS the problem

You don't need an EGR valve/ system on a diesel engine - simples

The "consequences" of fitting a solid stainless steel EGR blanking plate are -

Better starting

Less smoke

More reliable

Cleaner inlet

EGR housing and Inlet do not get coked up

Better performance

Less flat spots

Less turbo lag

Slightly better economy

(Much) Cheaper than replacing the EGR valve

+ the only genuine drawback - the engine management light may come on on Euro4/5 compliant engines

Agreed

the eml coming on isnt really a drawback if you buy a cheap code reader £20 and delete it once a week to make sure no other faults are there.

Firmware updates took care of these issues.Also took care of flat spots & lag issues with variable vane turbos. Better fuel consumption as well due to these corrections

:lol: :lol: there isnt updated firmware for the egr.

If there had been such a mythical thing, there wouldnt be so many people driving around with blanked egrs <_<

there IS an update for euro4 egr's. its in the last update.in fact it covers the whole emissions,fuelling etc.that update got mines running from 48/49 to 52mpg in the first place

anyway,went & picked up my EGR. back on car,& reading 52mpg again. :)

there IS an update for euro4 egr's. its in the last update.in fact it covers the whole emissions,fuelling etc.that update got mines running from 48/49 to 52mpg in the first place

anyway,went & picked up my EGR. back on car,& reading 52mpg again. :)

You should fit a solid blanking plate now to see how much your MPG, improves, and by how much the turbo lag and flat spots are reduced

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club