Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Diameter Is The Vacuum Tubing For Windscreen Wash Tubing

rocymru

Hello

I have a 2001 reg Ford Focus Estate. The "vacuum" tubing for the rear windsceen washer has developed a split, thankfully in an area where it should be fairly easy to repair. The plan is to make a clean cut in the tubing and buy a straight connector to join the 2 ends. However, I can't find out what the diameter of the tubing is and therefore what mm sized connector I should buy. Can someone please help (The tubing is black and looks like it has got some fibre threads bulit into it to strenghten it).

Thank you

Hi mate, I don't know off hand what size it is and unsure if it's different on the Mk1, but I can check for you later on the Mk2.

I recently picked up an RS spoiler and so had to order a new washer jet to fit. Got the little section of tubing/hose as well so can check this for you. It came complete with grommet for around the hole in the boot and connector/valve on one end. See poor quality pic below, if you can make it out...

Have you checked with Ford? You may be able to order the part on it's own and it should only cost about £4.

post-30295-0-56006100-1355159369_thumb.j

i used tubeing from a local fish shop the use it for air line in the tanks same size

i know this is pure laziness as I could go out and measure it but I was wondering this today and surprised to see it on the forum so thought I'd ask anyway, but does anyone know for sure the i.d. of the washer tubing for the mk2.5?

i know this is pure laziness as I could go out and measure it but I was wondering this today and surprised to see it on the forum so thought I'd ask anyway, but does anyone know for sure the i.d. of the washer tubing for the mk2.5?

same as above mate 3mm

Thanks for the feedback.

For me a “4mm STRAIGHT PLASTIC Barbed Hose Joiner In Line Connector Fuel Air Silicone Rubber” work perfectly (it says 4mm but is actually 5/32 inch). I bought this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140691935173?var=440043650796&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and went for this option as it potentially has more grip that a straight edge version would.

However is is quite a long connector and therefore you may need a shorter version is space is limited e.g “Aquarium Home Fish Tank 4mm White Air Tube Extender Straight Through Connector” which are available from eBay (or shops that stock aquariums)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Home-Fish-Tank-4mm-White-Air-Tube-Extender-Straight-Through-Connector-/150965365512?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item23263cab08

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club