Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.0 Tdci Ghia 130 - Isofix Help - Also Part Id On The Back Seat

Iandb

Folks,

This is on a 54 Plate

Looking for some help as I've trawled the web and can not locate a definite answer.

Recently purchased this car privately and the advert said it had the isofix connections, which it does not, not a major issue but was one of the things I was looking at when purchasing. Never even gave it a though to physically check.

Any how after a bit more digging found a few sites where people have added this to their car, so seems like good news, and ther was mention of looking for a couple of tags whcih can be removed to fit the isofix bar onto.

Below is the under neath of the rear seat and there is no sign of any thing that I can see.

carseat.jpg

Carseat1.jpg

The question I'm looking to have answered is can an Isofix Retrofit kit be fitted. I'm look at the kit and thinking all I need to do is drill a couple of holes and bolt it on.

What is under this plate if I do get the drill out? hopefully will not find the petrol tank :huh:

Also can any one tell we what this plastic bit is? It's on the rear seat both Driver and passenger side. This plastic thing looks like it's a cover and can be removed, have not tried yet.

The top of the picture is the base of the seat and the plastic bit is between the seat and the floor and would be behind your calf if you was sat there.

carseat2.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ian

The plastic bit is just a cover as you say, it should just snap back and reveal a big Torx screw (possibly T50 like the ones in the top pic there bolting down the seat belts, but not 100% sure) which you need to unscrew for removing the rear bench. If you pull out from the top towards the front of the car it should be hinged at the bottom and you'll see what I mean.

As for the isofix fitment, I never did this myself on my Mondeo, but I thought I had read of others who had to split the seat cover at the stitching? I'll try looking into this a bit further so don't go cutting anything yet based on my advice!

Take a look here mate, even has a pic of the anchoring points once the guy made a small incision along the seam at the base of the rear seat back.

http://www.talkford.com/topic/84201-isofix/

I just googled something like 'mondeo isofix seat cover' and threw up loads of threads from TalkFord, then searched the same search terms in google images and got the pic from the link above.

Hope this helps.

The plastic bit is just a cover as you say, it should just snap back and reveal a big Torx screw (possibly T50 like the ones in the top pic there bolting down the seat belts, but not 100% sure) which you need to unscrew for removing the rear bench. If you pull out from the top towards the front of the car it should be hinged at the bottom and you'll see what I mean.

As for the isofix fitment, I never did this myself on my Mondeo, but I thought I had read of others who had to split the seat cover at the stitching? I'll try looking into this a bit further so don't go cutting anything yet based on my advice!

Thanks for the info in both posts.

No need to worry about taking out the seat.

Had a look through the link, think I've already searched through there and I've had a good feel and I'm sure that I could not feel them under the cover.

Sorry, wasn't suggesting that you need to remove the seat for what you're after, was just explaining the purpose of those screws and their plastic covers.

Looks like you might not have them then mate. As you've probably seen/read from the threads on TalkFord quite a few others didn't seem to have them either, so seems like it's one of Ford's usual quirks on the Mondeo where some cars got them and others didn't.

Sorry still no definitive answer! Have you checked ETIS to see if it's mentioned on your car's spec at all? http://www.etis.ford...083BD.eccvas505

Just checked details of my Focus and it comes up with "Less Isofix" and checked my old Mondeo's details too but there's no mention of 'Isofix'. Closest thing is " Less Child Intergrated Seat" but I'm pretty sure this may be something different altogether as I think there may have been similar to a built in booster seat on some Mondeo rear benches.

Thanks again for the detail.

If I drill holes in the base (near the seat belt fixings) am I likely to have a problem. Looking to retrofit an isofix kit in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club