Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.25 ZETEC Fiesta misfire

marrco7

I spent the weekend putting new Brake hoses and pipes on this car she was up on ramps at the back and i had the fuel line out of rear holder. Once she was all reconnected and bled the car has started misfiring on a flat and worse on hill, it has had new plugs and coil pack and leads in the last year i had this before but surely a coil wouldnt go that quick again and the car had been running fine before i had re did the brakes, could it be dirt in the fuel line or the filter as its never been replaced and has 111000 on it.

Would change the filter first see if that helps. You've probably disturbed something when you were playing with the fuel lines

Problem turned out to be a coil pak again, i bought an autospark one which when replaced with a Mazda one stopped the misfire, i would sugget anyone fitting a cheap coil not to and buy a Mazda or Ford genuine one as the cheap ones are not up to the job thats the 2nd one i have had in a year.

You always get what you pay for with aftermarket parts

Problem turned out to be a coil pak again, i bought an autospark one which when replaced with a Mazda one stopped the misfire, i would sugget anyone fitting a cheap coil not to and buy a Mazda or Ford genuine one as the cheap ones are not up to the job thats the 2nd one i have had in a year.

I take it you recieved another under the "standard" year warranty you recieved ( as u do wether the part if 'genuine' or aftermarket )

I also wouldn't be too quick to knock aftermarket parts....i once was buying a new fuel pump every 6 months due to the genuine part failing every 6 months!