Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James' Fiesta Mk6.5 Zetec S Tdci (Pic Heavy!)

james132

Also, as you may remember me mentioning, it was round 2 of the NMRRC championship. Currently 7th in the standings after what was a fantastic round 1 for me as I honestly thaught going into that weekend that a top 15 result was going to be difficult.

Anyway, round 2, new track which I'd never riden before, practice went terrible and couldnt get to grips with the track, due to slow pace learning the track I couldnt get any heat in the tyres, which ment no grip!

Heat 1, started 9th I think, finished 6th in what was a boring race.
Heat 2, started 7th finished 6th again, closing down the guy ahead to take 6th place on the last lap.
Final (the only race you score points towards the national championship) Started 12th finished 8th after getting held up behind a couple of slower riders on a track with very very little oportunity to pass on.

After another great days racing, I have done the maths and IF I'm right, after round 2 I have jumped up into 5th in the championship!

Didnt upload heat 1 as it was boring.

Heat 2 - Watch out for the last lap effort to make up positions!

Final - Again, last lap effort, last corner to gain an extra point.

Please feel free to give them a like, and even subscribe! I have lots of videos, and a few 'off's' which you might enjoy haha!

nice car mate, ive got practically the same but petrol, will have to get pics up soon. i fitted st sideskirts to mine and it makes a whole load of difference to the look, maybe get them next for yours ??

liking the look of the fez fella and looks like its coming coming along well.

als looks like the mrs has got a tidy looking fez to

I attended FITP on Sunday, there was some cracking looking motors there, really enjoyed the day.

05-DSC_0438_zps1c17e5bf.jpg

20130512_145247_zps02085e4b.jpg

20130512_145250_zps52c91e84.jpg

Car didnt look too bad bearing in mind I had to completley wash it again once I was there.

20130512_091855_zpsba56689a.jpg

20130512_145259_zps045c8ce7.jpg

I picked up a set of colour coded door moulds and had them fitted during the day. I think they make a huge difference!

Not much else planned to be honest, funds now going towards racing which is going rarther well so far.

This year I hope to get a black sun strip in the windscreen, and a set of wind deflectors. Other than that not much else will change.

Then next year I plan for a change of wheels, but lots of saving is needed to get what I want on there :)

• 3 weeks later...

What are colour coded door mouds?

How did you tint your front fogs yellow anyway? And where did you get the boot key cover from?

Loving your car and all the little touches!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

The plastic strips along the side of the doors, I bought a set of them colour coded, so no longer the plastic look :)

As for the fogs, its just tint film which you apply with heat, you can find lots of it on eBay.

The bootlock cover was bought from someone on fiestaownersclub forum for about £3.50.

Nothing else has changed on the car since the last post, due to funds really, iv been racing a lot and lots of improvements still. Check out the youtube channel further above for the latest videos :)

• Like 1

Nott much of an update, the misses pointed out I had a headlight out last week, so Iv just fitted a set of Orsam Nightbreaker Plus bulbs which seem fantastic.

Racing updates:

Round3 - Went ok, not as high up as I had hoped but seemed to struggle for pace all day long, finished the final in 8th, so again a nice points haul.

Round4 a few weeks back went superb. I entered 2 classes this time, 140's which is my normal class, and open class which allows for highly tuned and higher capacity engines. (Entered just for some extra track time)

Heat 1 140s, finished 2nd, best ever result
Heat 2 140s, finished 3rd, another fantastic result

Final 140s, crashed out from 4th on the first lap, took ages to get it started after the crash, lost about 3/4 of a lap, managed to haul myself from last (23rd/24th ish) up to 14th to grab 2 points, setting fastest lap after fastest lap with bent bars and footpegs.

Didn't do the championship a lot of help, but I know I can run with the front guys now!

In the open class I managed a 3rd in the final to get my first ever piece of silverware!

And yep, as you expected.. the camera was rolling when I threw a possible top 3 finish away in the 140s final:

Lots more videos from the weekend on my channel too!

Hi there, I'm after a pair of Eibach extra low for my fez (same model as yours) and just wondered if I had to get the ST ones because of the weight of the car being a diesel or whether I can purchase a set off a petrol?

Thanks

Good question! Im not 100% sure on that one, I bought mine second hand (removed from a zs diesel) as they had only been on the car a couple of months and covered only a few thousand miles. Might be worth asking either in the fiesta section on here, or on a fiesta forum, such as fiestaownersclub :)

Cool, thanks for your help :)

Don't have a fiesta but after looking through your thread, but your car looks amazing. Keep up the good work

• 4 weeks later...

bought my 1st car today and its the exact same as yours but 57 plate. I came across ur posts by google today at work & thought I need to join this club bcuz of u lol u've inspired me lmao no joke, I think what u've done takes time, effort & dedication and I would like to think I could take a leaf from your book. I like how u keep ur mods subtle & not over the top.. need to stop banging on now.. hopefully if I ever need some guidance u'll be able and willing to help me. but keep up the good work mate. Jay from Birmingham B)

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words. Makes it worth while when people compliment the car :)

No updates still :( I have a set of Heko wind deflectors on the way but nothing on the horizon unfortunately.

I was away racing this weekend. An average weekend I guess. Torrential rain saturday evening made it the worst night of my life.

Sunday morning the bike wouldn't run, combination of water in the electrics, very humid air so wrong carb settings made it a nightmare getting it running.
A new plug later and lots and lots of carb fettling it was running, just in time for practice.

Results:

Stock 140 Class: Heat 1 - 5th, Heat 2 - 7th (with a loose exhaust due to a sheered stud in the head, causing lack of throttle responce!) Final - 6th An ok result, and good points towards the championship, this 'should' bump me back upto 5th in the championship.

Open class: Heat 1 - 2nd, Heat 2 - 3rd, Final - 3rd, Two 3rd's in 2 rounds is fantastic, and more silverware!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James

Did you have much difficulty taking off the boot grab handle?

I have taken the screws out of the plastic cover from in side the boot and then tried to lever this plastic molding off, although there seems quite a bit of resistance and I am concerned about breaking something, or is it just a case of go for it?

Thanks

Gemma

• 1 month later...

Hi James

Did you have much difficulty taking off the boot grab handle?

I have taken the screws out of the plastic cover from in side the boot and then tried to lever this plastic molding off, although there seems quite a bit of resistance and I am concerned about breaking something, or is it just a case of go for it?

Thanks

Gemma

Hi Gemma, Sorry for the late reply! I have been extremely busy with my own racing, working in motorsport and also starting a new day job so havn't been on here for ages!

If you haven't already got your answer this is how:

You need to remove your boot interior trim piece (3 Philips screws I believe)

Once removed you will have access to the 3 nuts holding the grab handle on, I think they are 10 or 12mm nuts, you will need a deep reach socket to get at them. Also be careful not to drop them, I dropped one down inside the boot lid itself and it took hours to fish out!

Once they are removed you also need to remove the two number plate lights from outside, these are held in with 2 small torx screws each. (you can do this before removing the 3 nuts from inside, whichever you find easier)

The boot grab should simply fall off. They do have a small layer of foam on the back of them, so this may have got stuck slightly to the paintwork.

On a side note, still nothing on the car has changed. Drove it over 2000miles in 1 week when I went away for a weeks holiday in the lake district, didn't miss a beat. The splitter was somewhat an issue on them roads though!!
If anyone wants to terrify themselves I recommend Hardknott pass. Quite possibly one of the scariest experiences of my life!

Been busy with the racing still. A couple more rounds have passed with more mixed results. I feel I am getting quicker, but with that im having some nasty offs more and more often.

Results for anyone interested:
Round 6 - Whilton
Open Heat 1 - Fighting for 2nd all race when on the last lap 3 corners from home I made a big mistake which resulted in the mother of all highsides:

Gopro mounted to catch tracy under bike:
Vivitar (my friends camera) mounted to the rear fender (this actually come out of its case!):
The bike came out alright, bent bars, foot peg and a damaged front master cylinder. I however didn't come off so well.
20130812_120629_zps4a60625f.jpg
20130812_120641_zps0f1652d7.jpg
20130812_120926_zps5f58e340.jpg
Riding injured the 140 Heat 1 didn't go any better, when lapping in 5th place a few laps in I got taken out:

Lots of damage to the bike we just about got it ride able for the next two heats which were average finishing about 8th in each.

Open Final - Started 14th Finished 8th
140 Final - Started 18th Finished 9th

Not good results but could have been worse.

Round 7 - Swaffham - This weekend went a little better, but still not without its spills!

Open Heat 1 - 1st, my first ever heat win!
Open Heat 2 - Starting from last on the grid finished 5th
Open Final - 2nd, my best ever finish in a final

140 Heat 1 - 3rd
140 Heat 2 - 10th (Crashed out of 5th 2 laps from home!)
140 Final - 13th worst result of the year.

And yep you guessed it, I got the crash on camera... Its the first time iv been collected by another rider... actually TWO riders..

Onboard me:

Onboard one of the guys who had nowhere to go:

Luckly everyone was ok, I know I was lucky to get away with that one with nothing worse than a few scrapes and bad bruises!

And one last bit incase your not already bored of bikes..
I run a team (of 3 riders) in a charity 6 hour Endurance race raising money for cancer research a few weeks back.
Brilliant event, great fun, lots of strategy and effort went in to make it through such a long race and at the end of it we came out on top! Winners of the first 6hour charity Endurance. I hope its the first of many!
Heres a bit of footage from the Le Mans style start:

If anyones still awake at this point... thanks for reading :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great posts and great fiesta am doing mine at min just subtle hopefully get posts up shortly

• 2 weeks later...

Love the fiesta buddy! Keep it up :)

• 4 months later...

Have you colour coded the door mouldings ie the grey trim on the outside going from the front door to the rear.. If so how do you do it and ales the door handle the window jets etc? Haha

• 2 years later...

James!

Your car is looking spot on mate! As if it was brand new!

I know what you mean about some posts getting a lot of comments and help/suggestions and others just not! Seems to be the way but I've found this site to have some helpful bits on it so still worth posting and using it mate!

I've had much better luck on Insta with other Ford Owners, mainly MK6-MK7.5 Fiesta Owners than I have on here with advice, tips, website links and some people have even taken pictures/videos of mods just to show me like HIDs and Exhausts etc out of the kindness of just being a car guy/girl helping another car guy out! Maybe make an account if you don't have one already, I know a lot of people would love to see your progress pictures mate! 😊

I'm on the path to modding mine, it'll look sweet when it's done, slow though so I'll collect pictures I think and then post when I have a fair few haha

Benjee

On 16/07/2014 at 11:46 PM, fiesta21 said:

Have you colour coded the door mouldings ie the grey trim on the outside going from the front door to the rear.. If so how do you do it and ales the door handle the window jets etc? Haha

The door handles have a screw/bolt inside the door next to the lock when you open it, then once it's loose you can take the handle off and the smaller part before the door handle that pulls out is a clip and that pops off.

Not sure about the jetters but I'd like to know too!

The door mouldings from front to back? Scuff panels in the middle of the door or the outter panelling around the window? Next to the side mirror? Between the roof and door? You sometimes see the vertical bit on the door missing?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club