Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 Dpf & Remap

sp7_91

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and I've been doing research into dpf removal and remapping the engine. I own a zetec s tdci '61 plate. Where is good to get this done and how much should I be paying?

Also does anyone know if it effects tax & insurance for the car?

Cheers

It will effect your insurance by how much you will have to ring them and ask. Best place for a remap rs tuning in Leeds or Celtic tuning I think they will come to you not sure though

Would it be better to get a tuning box or remap? Also would removing the dpi only effect fuel consumption or does it effect performance as well?

Thanks for the reply.

Would it be better to get a tuning box or remap? Also would removing the dpi only effect fuel consumption or does it effect performance as well?

Thanks for the reply.

Removing the dpf will only provide minimal performance gains as its just restricts the flow of exhaust gas.

As for tuning boxes it depends on whether you want to keep your warranty as a tuning box will provide a good power boost and can be removed come service time. A remap on the other hand will provide the best performance gains possible and ensure your car runs better as your actually changing ecu parameters not just putting a resistor across a sensor like a tuning box does. A remap will only void the engine warranty not the warranty for the entire car and most good remap places offer a 12 month warranty for that anyway.

In short a remap is the best way to go but if you want to keep ford warranty tuning box

Have you had either done to yours?

I have a box, it's good times. Driven in a remapped one, couldn't tell a massive difference if honest, but then again they say you don't notice power differences less than 10%, and mine's running on just over 130bhp (started at just over 100, so I have quite a good engine it seems :P)

Have you had either done to yours?

I haven't had either done yet but plan to get it remapped at rs tuning in Leeds during the new year if there expert opinion is that I would get better gains if I remove the dpf then I will but from what I've been told the gain is minimal

Let me know how it goes when you go up there. And a bit of a trek from your area isn't it?

Let me know how it goes when you go up there. And a bit of a trek from your area isn't it?

No to bad only 100 miles round trip will be welll worth it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club