Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Euro 4 Mondeo Tdci 2.0 Ghia Auto Est

Maddogpro

Mondeo egr mine has no connector just a vac line is it safe too blank and i guess its the right as your looking at it/

All mk3 Mondeo EGR valves are safe to blank (solid, stainless steel plate) - the worst thing that is liable to happen is the engine management light comes on (euro 4)

a 2004 should be a euro 3 so you can blank the egr without the light coming on, the easy way to check if it euro 3 is if the egr has NOT got any electrical connections. you can blank a euro 4 but it will put the EML on witch could then mask other problems. you can buy a blanking plate or make one yourself using the metal gasket as a patten.

Well all i can say is what would we do with forum,s ive blanked the infernal EGR after the first great black cloud nothing nada zilch my missing mpg is back it feels a bit pokier and the idle seems a little more settled there is no issue with warming up same as before 10-12 minutes and middle of the guage so if you havent done this simple mod give it a go...

Exellent - you will not get any trouble with your EGR valve anymore!

The next step is to clean out the inlet manifold/ intakes on the head/ egr valve housing of all the carbon/gunge the egr system has deposited on these components.

if its a front (left) mount egr you can remove the egr pipe (between the egr valve at the front, and egr cooler at the back) and blank this as well, this will further improve performance, economy and reliability (a little) of the engine

Oddly that was my next question its a jobfor a fine january afternoon thanks for all the help peeps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club