Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd Player

Iow89

Hi I have recently bought a focus zetec climate.. And have a question.. How do you remove the CD player from the dash and can you put a double din or single player in,,, I have a sub aswell which I can get fitted but just wondering about CD player cheers

Bit more info needed, what year is the car for starters lol.

Sorry lol it's 2005 what else ya need to know? The stereo in at the min is 6000cd player

Right so its a mk2 then. To remove the stereo you will need 4 removal keys like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-Focus-C-Max-Mondeo-Fiesta-CD-Radio-Stereo-Removal-Keys-Pins-6000-6006-CDC-/250904481702?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a6b128fa6

If you want to fit an aftermarket double din unit you will need something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251103016387?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649, which comes with everything you will need to swap the units. Most new radios come with the cages but most won't fit into the focus, hence why one is supplied in this kit. There will be similar kits available to fit a single din unit also. Im in the process of swapping radios, and ordered all my stuff, just gotta wait till after xmas as some of it is a present lol. Once your new radio is in, its straight forward enough to fit the sub at the same time. What kind of stereo are you looking at ???

Cheers mate :) yeah I'm not sure what one yet. But I don't wanna get a single cd player coz it will make the dash look bear lol.. Looked at a couple of double dins today that I liked. But gonna have my sub wired up to it aswell. I hate the standard radio lol when you stop it turns itself down and sounds awful haha

You can switch that function off, dunno exactly what its called but its annoying. I opted for a double din with the fitting kit and a reversing camera, so gonna be all pimped out after Xmas lol.

Got a 56 plate focus 1.8tdci titanium, few bits and bobs on it and a remap :D

You can switch that function off, dunno exactly what its called but its annoying. I opted for a double din with the fitting kit and a reversing camera, so gonna be all pimped out after Xmas lol.

Automatic volume control.

Look in the radio menu and change avc to 0