Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Folding In Mirrors On New Titanium

zebra

ok so can i pick your brains again.

my mom picked up her shiny new (facelift) titanium today, however we realised that the mirrors do not fold in when she locks the car when we got home and locked it. This was one of the reasons for upgrading to titanium as her old car had this function and she needs it. we rang the dealer straight away but they didnt seem to think anything of it. She can press a button to fold them in when the car is running, but this is not really the point.

So titanium owners do you know if the wing mirrors should automatically fold in (it is mentioned in the manual) when the car is locked??

Is there an option somewhere in the menu that allocates this?? or should we go back and make a fuss if it indeed should work?

Some little things i noticed compared to my fiesta (new in April):

There is now a temperature gauge! Its been put in the display with the trip computer.

It that it doesnt seem to have the green arrow in which my car has to tell you when to change up gear. I though it odd as its an ecoboost car.

Not sure if its a titanium thing (mines a zetec) but the needles are blue not red on the spedometer

Dont like the shiny black plastic round the gear box and not sure about the storage box, or the new larger grill on the front.

The sony radio seems more complicated then the one in mine, but ill just have to get used to it then teach mom properly.

Just waiting to have a drive of it now, then i can a can let you know what i think about itn :)

Thank you

You have to turn it on in the menu, cant remeber the specific options though. But once its on your mirrors will be folding in and out :)

Called link to lock

If you do them manually though it turns this feature off and you have to re-enable it as i found out a week later after thinking mine were broke.

There is a menu under the radio settings called "link to lock" or something. Have a look around, will be easy to spot :)

EDIT:

Should be under Menu > Vehicle > link to lock.

Not sure if its a titanium thing (mines a zetec) but the needles are blue not red on the spedometer

It's not a titanium thing, it's a facelift thing as blue is seen as more modern and fresh/cool

Have you got pics you could post of the cars interior and exterior ?

Paul :)

If you do them manually though it turns this feature off and you have to re-enable it as i found out a week later after thinking mine were broke.

Thanks, didn't know that. I have set mine back to manual though now as I thought about the wear and tear on the motor etc. closing and opening many times a day in my case !

ok so can i pick your brains again.

my mom picked up her shiny new (facelift) titanium today, however we realised that the mirrors do not fold in when she locks the car when we got home and locked it. This was one of the reasons for upgrading to titanium as her old car had this function and she needs it. we rang the dealer straight away but they didnt seem to think anything of it. She can press a button to fold them in when the car is running, but this is not really the point.

So titanium owners do you know if the wing mirrors should automatically fold in (it is mentioned in the manual) when the car is locked??

Is there an option somewhere in the menu that allocates this?? or should we go back and make a fuss if it indeed should work?

Some little things i noticed compared to my fiesta (new in April):

There is now a temperature gauge! Its been put in the display with the trip computer.

It that it doesnt seem to have the green arrow in which my car has to tell you when to change up gear. I though it odd as its an ecoboost car.

Dont like the shiny black plastic round the gear box and not sure about the storage box, or the new larger grill on the front.

The sony radio seems more complicated then the one in mine, but ill just have to get used to it then teach mom properly.

Just waiting to have a drive of it now, then i can a can let you know what i think about itn :)

Thank you

Presumably you mean a coolant temperature guage ? Pleased to see it if it is. I like to keep an eye on this if I can, most manuafactures think you don't need to know.

Thanks, didn't know that. I have set mine back to manual though now as I thought about the wear and tear on the motor etc. closing and opening many times a day in my case !

I'm thinking this aswell but I need my wing mirrors folded in and when I'm in a rush its just easy to get out, lock the car an have them fold back in.

Thank you, ill have a look in the menu tomorrow and see if i can reset it.

Magenta, yes a coolant temp gague. I noticed this straight away and commented to the dealer.

I have had a little drive today and its much nippier than my 1.4, looking forward to giving it a run up the motorway!

The gears will take some getting used to, as when i changed to 4th at 30(ish) as habbit the engine was laboured. I also discovered the chnge gear arrow - its now in the trip computer display, not a light on the dash as in mine. It recommends changing to 4th at nearly 40 and 5th at 50... unlike mine which recommends chaning to 5th at about 38... But otherthan this not really much different to mine for feel.

Ill ask if i can take some pics but not sure if ill get time until after xmas now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club