Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Single Cd Settings

NorthSussex

It's taken ages to get the audio sound settings how I like them on the On the Sony single CD radio fitted to the Focus Tit. If the battery is disconnect the for charging, are all the settings lost including the tone and station settings? And are any other memory's lost from the cars on board computer?

For warned is For armed, and notes will need to be taken. <_<

As far as I remember (i changed battery year ago) radio stations settings are there but other settings are lost. You will need radio unlock code as well, electric windows need to be programmed for global opening / closing, board computer will loose daily odometer and average fuel consumption reading.

Does your battery require charging or asking just in case?

As far as I remember (i changed battery year ago) radio stations settings are there but other settings are lost. You will need radio unlock code as well, electric windows need to be programmed for global opening / closing, board computer will loose daily odometer and average fuel consumption reading.

Does your battery require charging or asking just in case?

Thanks for your post.

No it doesn't need charging at the moment, but I am now working in London and my car is not with me, I may need to charge the battery depending on how long is not used for and how cold it is, I have a "Halfords Advanced fully automatic battery charger" but the general advice on the forum seems to say disconnect the battery before charging, although the charger instructions only say it's recommended for safety reasons to remove the battery from the vehicle . It just seems a bit of a pain to have to reset so many functions each time the battery is charged.

Thanks for your post.

No it doesn't need charging at the moment, but I am now working in London and my car is not with me, I may need to charge the battery depending on how long is not used for and how cold it is, I have a "Halfords Advanced fully automatic battery charger" but the general advice on the forum seems to say disconnect the battery before charging, although the charger instructions only say it's recommended for safety reasons to remove the battery from the vehicle . It just seems a bit of a pain to have to reset so many functions each time the battery is charged.

I had a look at the Halfords web site regarding their battery charger and if it was necessary to disconnect the battery before for charging. It looks from this answer that this charger is OK to charge with the battery still connected.

Questions & Answers for Halfords Fully Automatic Battery Charger

Question

Can the battery be charged without disconnecting it from the car?

Used on a 2008 Ford Focus 1.8 petrol

asked 2 months ago

by

Searcheron Halfords Fully Automatic Battery Charger

2 answers

Answers

answer 1

Hi, thanks for your interest in Halfords Fully Automatic Battery Charger. Yes, it is ok to do this as long as the charger is not inside the engine compartment.

staff-icon.gif

best_icon.gif

answered 1 month, 3 weeks ago

by

HalfordsWebTeam

http://answers.halfo...5/questions.htm

trickle charger whilst your away?

trickle charger whilst your away?

That was the plan, but there was some doubt as to whether the battery should be disconnected from the car during charging, but it looks like it depends on the type of charger, luckily the Halfords charger I have, Halfords say is OK to leave connected when charging, I don't want to have to reset the radio, window global opening ect every time the battery needs a charge when I return after a few weeks / months away.

You can also get Solar panel trickle chargers from Maplins , that simply plug into an Aux socket and left in the car window.

From 10 pound upwards

i may invest in one myself

http://www.maplin.co.uk/solar-powered-12v-1.5w-battery-trickle-charger-98358

simply plug into an Aux socket and left in the car window.

Maintain battery and play music at the same time :D

A have seen these before, just wondering if 1.5W is useful at all, and if it is suitable for our batteries, as description states:

"Designed to trickle charge 12V lead acid batteries"

This trick has been used already long time ago in premium cars, e.g. Audi A8 to trickle battery and to air interior while car was not used.

what does the add say lead? how many members on here have calcium batteries like mine? so in theory its no use to me...... good idea tho...

Maintain battery and play music at the same time :D

"Designed to trickle charge 12V lead acid batteries"

yes i noticed that , i can't see why it would not work but theres always a chance , but as we could remove our batterys and put them on charge i can't see a major problem , but not certain.

I may get one and try it , and run a feed direct to boot from battery and wire it to sit on rear parcel shelf.

Due to my short journeys i'm always getting Batt Low flash up on display on mine.

maybe the next size up at 2.4W would be a better choice.

I'm not very good with Watts etc but lets do some math.

If we would have 1A current it would take 60 hours to charge 60Ah battery, right? But we will not get 24h of sun daily, plus panel will not change it's position to follow position of the sun. So how long it would work daily? 5-6 hrs? Probably even less. Other thing is efficiency, it will not be 100%, lets say 80%. So charging time would take 14.5 days (or more) in pretty perfect conditions, as long as panel voltage would be higher than battery. Not bad, cos we are not charging flat battery, only want to trickle it.

But this solar panel is said to have 17.5V (rather hard to believe), 1.5W so we get current of about 0.08-0.09A? It will not even charge phone :D

Those are only rough calculations, little bit for fun, done after few beer so will be happy if you point I'm wrong :P

Have read that Audi factory solar panel has about 40W / 3A.

I would say save money, have a beer. Solar panels with useful output cost much more than hundred quid. :ph34r:

Happy New Year :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club