Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo Hits Maximum

bernaaard

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Driving along after about an hour and suddenly the fuel guage drops to nil and the speedo rocks all the way round to over 140mph, which although impressive from a phot perspective, is concerning when it comes to speed cameras.

Wondered if anyone else had this issue and what the fix might be for it ?

X reg 1.8TD Finesse

Charge seems to be fine. Lights are all ok, starts first time every time and it just seems to happen after about 45 minutes running. I turn the engine off for 5 minutes and things reset themselves and then after about another 45 seconds the problem happens again. I then come back to thee car again the day after and its all normal...........until 45 minutes or so again.

Hmm unlikely to be a charge issue then. Could be the cable. Did a quick Google search and got this: http://www.rac.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9727-1997-Ford-Fiesta-speedometer-probs

Odd that it is intermittent, I'd have though it would present itself as soon as you started the ignition/drove off.

Nah, seems to be always around he sort of 45 mins into the journey sort of time. Once or twice it hasn happened at all strangely enough so i am thinking of trying the battery disconnect, and reconnect idea to reset everything and see if it works.

Either that or it is off to Ford to see what they say ?