Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Ford Focus, Rumbling Vibration

adilibrahim88

Hi Guys, I have a 2009 1.6 Zetec Focus which has done around 25K. I am having a problem at the moment. Whenever my car is stationary either with the clutch down or in neutral, there is an intermittent small rumble and the engine idles slightly, it is happening more often so I am a little concerned. Just as a side point, when the car rumbles, the interior dash lights also dim slightly. I have asked for help on other forums with no luck. The car drives fine at the moment, but I am just abit worried that something bad is going to happen. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks very much for your time.

Sounds like a pump or a fan kicking in to me.

How long have you had the car? Is it petrol or diesel?

I have had the car for around 6 months and its a petrol. Yesterday the check engine light came on aswel so I opened the bonnet. The engine isnt quite sounding right aswel, I dont know much about cars at all so cant really describe the change in engine noise. Is this going to be an expensive fix? Thanks for your help

If the engine check light has come on and your getting strange sounds you need to take it into your local mechanic and get it all checked out.

The engine light has now come off this morning. Really strange. I'm going to get it checked out, just wanted to know what problem I'm actually looking at

Well now the engine management light is on you can safely say your gut was right for sure! Get it on a computer asap.

Welcome to the forums by the way :)