Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2009 Front Wipers Not Working

Bazzab

Hi

New to the forum and looking for some advice on a fault.

My front wipers do not work on any function (single, intermittent, slow or fast).

I can hear the relays clicking when I move the steering stalk control. The rear wipe works, as does the front and rear washer pump.

When I lowered the fuse box at the passenger foot well a small droplet of water was resting on the fuse box tray - put this down to condensation from the air con. Might be related, might not.

I work for a company which owns a peugeot garage and they have checked the motor and confirm there is no power or earth at the motor plug.

I was thinking motor fault.

Our mechanics downloaded a wiring diagram for a 2008 focus from their servicing database, however, they say it doesnt match what they are looking at. One of them hinted that you cant change the relay (if this is the cause) because it is integral to the fuse box ("intelligent brain").

Can someone shed some light on what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi

New to the forum and looking for some advice on a fault.

My front wipers do not work on any function (single, intermittent, slow or fast).

I can hear the relays clicking when I move the steering stalk control. The rear wipe works, as does the front and rear washer pump.

When I lowered the fuse box at the passenger foot well a small droplet of water was resting on the fuse box tray - put this down to condensation from the air con. Might be related, might not.

I work for a company which owns a peugeot garage and they have checked the motor and confirm there is no power or earth at the motor plug.

I was thinking motor fault.

Our mechanics downloaded a wiring diagram for a 2008 focus from their servicing database, however, they say it doesnt match what they are looking at. One of them hinted that you cant change the relay (if this is the cause) because it is integral to the fuse box ("intelligent brain").

Can someone shed some light on what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot in advance.

The water on the fuse box could be caused by a leak in the pollen filter housing,

The relays are housed in the engine bay fuse box, this fuse box can get water engress but usually when this happens

The wipers become active by themselves aswell as the indicators, horn and siren if fitted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lenny,

I have got to the root of the problem. I have water ingress in the BSI ECU which has damaged the pcb contained within.

I have been trying to source a ECU from a breakers, found one in your homeland, Ireland, funnily enough. However the part numbers are not an exact match.

My part number is 7M5T - 14A073 - CE, the one I have found is nearly the same expect the last digit is C i.e. 7M5T - 14A073 - CC.

The guy selling it says this can be re-programmed, is this the case?

Thanks

• 4 years later...

Hello, I realise this was a few year ago but did you get the problem fixed in the end?

I'm having the same problem now!!