Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Remove A Door Liner?

robbie

2008 Focus 1.8 petrol hatchback. I was forgetful enough to leave my drivers-side window fully down overnight (the sort if thing you do when you are getting on a bit!) and although I managed to dry out the seat & carpet and all the electrics seem to have survived OK I would like to remove the plastic inner liner to make sure that no water is laying inside to cause trouble later. But there is no obvious way of getting it off, no visible screws or poppers, etc. No doubt a Haynes manual would tell me but I got fed up with shelling out fifteen quid or whatever when I don't need 95% of the info it contains...does anyone ever do an entire engine or gearbox strip and rebuild?!

2008 Focus 1.8 petrol hatchback. I was forgetful enough to leave my drivers-side window fully down overnight (the sort if thing you do when you are getting on a bit!) and although I managed to dry out the seat & carpet and all the electrics seem to have survived OK I would like to remove the plastic inner liner to make sure that no water is laying inside to cause trouble later. But there is no obvious way of getting it off, no visible screws or poppers, etc. No doubt a Haynes manual would tell me but I got fed up with shelling out fifteen quid or whatever when I don't need 95% of the info it contains...does anyone ever do an entire engine or gearbox strip and rebuild?!

Haynes manual does tell you though lol

The lower section of the door handle strip comes off to reveal some bolts,

Ive not actually removed one myself but members; Brigante and Preee have so may be worth PM'ing them for more precise guidance and perhaps images of the process

See Paul's guide here

The first few steps are what you need.

Flat blade screwdriver in the handle, pop the bottom half off to reveal two bolts, remove bolts, flat blade screw driver around the edge of the door card in various places to un-pop the poppers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Leonard and Charlie, I almost got the liner removed but didn't have a flat-blade screwdriver long enough to get out the popper in the top edge. May have another go at it later. You have to be a bit brutal with those poppers! A couple actually came out of the liner rather than the door.

The poppers are !Removed! annoying. They will tend to come out the liner and stay in the door. Then you will have a right job of trying to get em back out the door without breaking em.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club