Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Noticed Something

colin79666

My car was at the dealer for its first service today so while I was there I had a wander around the face-lifted Fiesta. On the Titanium the tyre profile has been increased. On mine it has 195/45/R16 tyres. On the new Fiesta Titanium it has 195/50/R16. Basically an extra centimetre of sidewall.

Perhaps aimed at reducing the bucking issues or reducing road noise?

It's only 5mm and its probably for a bit more comfort as I think the facelift is a bit heavier

ST has 18 inch alloys, it's been made so that everything is configured as a standard so that they can just lift parts from the shelf rather than having to recalibrate parts.

The chap I was speaking to on it (who works for Ford) wouldn't comment on the buckling >.<

It's only 5mm and its probably for a bit more comfort as I think the facelift is a bit heavier

I'd have thought it would be lighter, especially up front with the new 1 litre motor.

ST has 18 inch alloys, it's been made so that everything is configured as a standard so that they can just lift parts from the shelf rather than having to recalibrate parts.

The chap I was speaking to on it (who works for Ford) wouldn't comment on the buckling >.<

That makes sense.

Where did you get this info from? The official info i have from Ford states the ST will have 17" alloys.

With ref to the higher profile, Ford done this to have better comfort for the driver.

Was someone who worked at Ford when I complained about having in total 5 buckled Ford alloys lol.

The ST will have same 205, 40, 17 inch tyre/ alloy dimensions as the current street pack alloys. You would hope they have made them stronger this time around.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club