Do Not Sell My Personal Information

19" Snow Flake Alloys Fitment To 1.6Tdci Will They Fit?

Lenny

Hi mate,

Ive got the mind set on some facelift ST 18's now,

My speedo is currently reading 5kmh higher than actual speed according to the TomTom XL so i should be ok with the slightly bigger wheel,

Thanks for the link to the wheel estimater i will make good use of it, and your old megane looks good lowerd on the 16's doesnt look like it would have scraped neither, so im surprised to hear that it did.

Ive got my front 0.5" lower already due to the TripleRcomposites front splitter, so i think ill wait until i have the 18's before fitting the springs just in case lol

I dont want to split the splitter.

Image2632-2.jpg

Lenny don't go splitting the splitter now ;)

Might be a good idea to wait for the alloys first, see how they sit and then get the lowered springs. I think it will just give you that nice staggered, aggressive stance and the ride will still be great. Now, I am very tempted to get the springs as it's not that hard to fit. What were the other bits you were going to get? My knowledge is very limited when it comes to camber etc.

I was actually thinking of upgrading the front and rear sway bars for the Focus. Eibach make some pretty cool red ones and they are not that expensive with upgraded bushes. Gives a much more stable car round corners and in turn, you can driver faster round them.

I reckon I will wait for you to get the upgrades, see how it all fits on your car and then decided what to do with mine. Your mods are my inspiration for stuff to do to my car. For now, the ICE and remap are my main priorities.

• Like 1

Lenny don't go splitting the splitter now http://static.autoclubhub.com/ipb/forums/3.3.4/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wink.png

Might be a good idea to wait for the alloys first, see how they sit and then get the lowered springs. I think it will just give you that nice staggered, aggressive stance and the ride will still be great. Now, I am very tempted to get the springs as it's not that hard to fit. What were the other bits you were going to get? My knowledge is very limited when it comes to camber etc.

I was actually thinking of upgrading the front and rear sway bars for the Focus. Eibach make some pretty cool red ones and they are not that expensive with upgraded bushes. Gives a much more stable car round corners and in turn, you can driver faster round them.

I reckon I will wait for you to get the upgrades, see how it all fits on your car and then decided what to do with mine. Your mods are my inspiration for stuff to do to my car. For now, the ICE and remap are my main priorities.

Have you got a link to the sway bar kits or a price mate

Ive purchased the springs and steering rack limiter kit from ford yesterday, and the rear camber adjustable bolts from performance 3000 on e-bay

The front camber is adjustable as standard but the rear is fixed,

So when lowering the car they recommend fitting these bolts to adjust the camber.

Leaving the tyres flat to the road resulting in maximum grip and even wear on the tyres. Here is a link to the e-bay listing for the bolts, the listing has great images which helped me understand why i would be better to fit them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230625566464?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Then the steering rack limiter kit from ford is 12-15pounds and limits the turn of the hubs when fitting 18" rims or higher,

To prevent the tyre from rubbing the inside section of the hub on full lock when parking etc.

Nice to know im your guinne pig for mods lol it will be middle of May at the earliest for the alloys, ive contacted ford uk for a price so i might purchase one per month starting in febuary and purchase tyres from a local fitter.

Fordpartsuk.com can supply me with Part:1543345 Genuine 18" 2008-2011 focus st alloy rims excluding tyre,centre cap, tyre valve, spigott ring.

For 172.50 GBP + 25.00GBP P&P to Ireland

Converts to around 244euro per rim in to my hands, so im happy with that price from ford, when you consider the risks envolved in purchasing a set of four second hand on e-bay paying perhaps 150GBP delivery to ireland , to find when they arrive that none of them match the images of the beautifull set in the sellers listing which bought from.

Too much risk for such money imo

so starting in febuary ill save my pocket money for the rims from forduk, getting excited now lol

Gutted those 19s aren't gonna work out for you, was looking forward to seeing how they looked. 18s with Eibachs though will finish your car off perfectly.

My car had aftermarket 18s fitted when I got it, but I soon swapped them for genuine Mk2 ST rims as they came up at a bargain price. The car's also lowered, but on Apex springs I think (yellow ones) and unsure how much, seems to be about 40mm all round. I had a bit of bother with the front right rubbing on the arch liner on full left lock, and a bit of trouble with rear camber as well, but a few trips to a couple of tyre garages and all sorted pretty easily. I'm still tempted to fit Eibachs instead, probably the best mod I did to my Mondeo ZS.

Here's a few pics of mine from quite a while back if interested...

post-30295-0-74096300-1357393050_thumb.j

post-30295-0-08920400-1357392510_thumb.j

post-30295-0-90224900-1357392546_thumb.j

post-30295-0-88937500-1357392607_thumb.j

post-30295-0-15768300-1357392984_thumb.j

• Like 1

Gutted those 19s aren't gonna work out for you, was looking forward to seeing how they looked. 18s with Eibachs though will finish your car off perfectly.

My car had aftermarket 18s fitted when I got it, but I soon swapped them for genuine Mk2 ST rims as they came up at a bargain price. The car's also lowered, but on Apex springs I think (yellow ones) and unsure how much, seems to be about 40mm all round. I had a bit of bother with the front right rubbing on the arch liner on full left lock, and a bit of trouble with rear camber as well, but a few trips to a couple of tyre garages and all sorted pretty easily. I'm still tempted to fit Eibachs instead, probably the best mod I did to my Mondeo ZS.

Here's a few pics of mine from quite a while back if interested...

post-30295-0-90224900-1357392546_thumb.j

post-30295-0-15768300-1357392984_thumb.j

Thanks Gary that's two of us gutted mate,

Even more annoyed today to find out both front tyres have turned in to track day slick's lol not skid or anything but they need replacment shnell!!

So ive gotta fit two 205/55/R16 tyres on thursday,

Then start purchasing the 18" rims across the next 4-5 months, seems mad buying tyres for old stock but its not worth the gamble of losing grip in a bid to save money, but they will help the sale of the 16's i suppose.

Thanks for sharing the information regarding the camber and the rubbing of the wheels, that reasures me that it is worth purchasing the replacment bolts.

Your focus is look saw-wheat on the 18's with the springs,

Some red calipers would look good imo but perhaps too predictable, maybe in silver on your motor agenst the blue.

And regarding to transfer from Apex to Eibach

Id research both on the web before changing, maybe their is better handling with Apex compared to the Eibach, fordpartsuk are a good price for the Eibach springs though if you are changing, and the Apex ones you remove are sure to be worth atleast 50pounds in resale value.

Your ride height looks good in the last image too,

Im worried about crashing in to kerbs when parking lol

Had to put two new fronts on myself on Friday, probably a week or two overdue if I'm honest but with Christmas chaos and limited opening hours etc that was the first chance I got. Also diagnosed with a knackered lower ball joint on the passenger side, so need to try get that sorted tomorrow. Worn tyres def aren't worth the risk, both in terms of safety and the risk of getting pulled over the festive period and picking up points for them. Good tyres def help sell the alloys though.

On the rack limiter and camber bolts, I'd probably go for these if I'd done the lowering myself, and will do if I change to Eibachs. The previous aftermarket 18s on it were narrower than the genuine ones, which is why I only had the rubbing problems when I moved to them. As far as researching Apex/Eibach, my (very!) limited knowledge so far is that Apex are just a cheaper alternative, and given the Eibachs are a Ford approved apart I'd just be happier with them. And as you say, could make a few quid back selling what I have.

When I put them on my Mondeo, I found, with everywhere online needing extortionate shipping charges added in, that going direct through my local Ford dealer was the cheapest option. I get a bit of discount anyway so think I paid about £110 for them. See below an excuse to gratuitously post a pic of my old baby and how she stood on Eibachs!

post-30295-0-40135400-1357492088_thumb.j

Cheers for the compliments on the car. I'm happy with the stance/appearance at the min, even if it can be a bit firm over rough ground. Small price to pay really in my eyes. Not overly keen on red calipers (as I await a barrage of abuse from the many of people who have them!) but they're just not for me. I've actually already done them in a dark blue. I got a tin of dark blue hammerite and did them on the Mondeo to match the colour of the blue in the Ford centre caps, so thought I'd do the same on this. I've swapped the silver caps in the pics for blue ones since. You may be able to make out the blue calipers in the pic in my previous post of the front right wheel.

Ride height seems spot on at the min, but I already can't get a trolley jack under there, so bit worried about what it'll be like with the ST kit on!

• Like 1

When I put them on my Mondeo, I found, with everywhere online needing extortionate shipping charges added in, that going direct through my local Ford dealer was the cheapest option. I get a bit of discount anyway so think I paid about £110 for them. See below an excuse to gratuitously post a pic of my old baby and how she stood on Eibachs!

post-30295-0-40135400-1357492088_thumb.j

Cheers for the compliments on the car. I'm happy with the stance/appearance at the min, even if it can be a bit firm over rough ground. Small price to pay really in my eyes. Not overly keen on red calipers (as I await a barrage of abuse from the many of people who have them!) but they're just not for me. I've actually already done them in a dark blue. I got a tin of dark blue hammerite and did them on the Mondeo to match the colour of the blue in the Ford centre caps, so thought I'd do the same on this. I've swapped the silver caps in the pics for blue ones since. You may be able to make out the blue calipers in the pic in my previous post of the front right wheel.

Ride height seems spot on at the min, but I already can't get a trolley jack under there, so bit worried about what it'll be like with the ST kit on!

I thought the Apex were more expensive than Eibach but i know now that i was wrong lol.

Just spotted the blue calipers in the first image with the five spoke alloys fitted, calipers are looking good, i agree on red though it is very common although i may end up going red on the calipers myself lol

Regarding the fitting of the jack underneath, genuine ST skirts dont lower the body any more than currently is mate,

You remove the existing black strips and fit the skirts so the height is much the same but the bumpers will be lower.

Their is a link on page01 of the thread to some spacer's to aid getting the jack under the car too.

The mondeo is looking good too mate,

Roll on june when i can fit the wheels and lower it,

Do you find your motor hard on front tyres?

Im at 82,000Km on the clock and about to purchase my third set of front tyres.

Hopfully the bigger wheel will last longer lol i dont spin the wheels or tear off at traffic lights so i cant understand the heavy wear,

What did you do with the white centre caps after upgrading to blue?

I need to purchase four in the coming months.

get em quick lol

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item41676fdafd

45 notes delivered.....

Thanks for the link mate, and they are a good deal...BUT!

Im very meticulous when purchasing parts for the car and where at all possible i prefer to purchase Genuine ford parts and i also want to suit the exact style of the mk2.5

KGrHqJiYFCNMoYnyBQykjFKlUw60_58-1.jpg

The ST alloys are in two designs the shape linked is for the Mk2 but the Mk2.5 has a slightly deeper lip on the triangle sections.

Also ive saw a member of focusownersclub selling a set of these black/chrome st style alloys that had been damaged by road salt and grit which broke the clear laquor finish on the chrome resulting in yellow stains and cracks like broken glass along the rim of the wheels.

They are nice alloys though, but im very meticulous mate.

Yeah, I quite like the blue calipers. Not that I dislike the red that much, just not for me. They do look good when done properly. I just like that mine are pretty subtle and work well with the colour of my car and the blue logos.

That's good to know about the skirts not affecting ground clearance any more. Saw the link for the ramp extensions as well, but not sure if I'd need them, especially as I don't have a pair of standard ramps already. At the min when I'm doing my own work I just get the standard jack under no probs and lift it up high enough to get the trolley jack under there, then lift it high enough with that to get it on the axle stands. Bit tedious as I have to go through the same process for getting it back down, but for the amount of times I need to do it it's not that big a deal.

Loved that Mondeo of mine, put a lot of time and pride into it and was sad to let it go. The buyer actually sent me a pic on the 1yr anniversary of when I sold it showing me how well it still looks, so he's obviously enjoyed it too.

Hard to say about tyre wear mate. To be honest, I don't pay a lot of attention to it! It's like fuel for me...I do big miles and just see consumables and fuel as necessities that need replaced as and when are necessary. I know I should probably keep an eye on these things, but if I sat down and worked out how much it costs me to keep it on the road I'd probably cry!

Off the top of my head...I think I put the wheels on in about April last year and I think, stress think, that I've had the front tyres they came with on until now. The rears needed changed straight away, then with the camber being out on the wider wheels they balded on the inner edge so had to replace them pretty soon and got the camber sorted too, and they've been fine since. So think I've done about 20k miles on them (have done 37.5k in the 13/14months I've owned it). I don't go for premium brand tyres so maybe they would last longer. I don't spin wheels either, apart from the past couple of weeks when it was near impossible on the slicks in the wet!

I still have the centre caps I removed in the bubble wrap envelope that the new ones came in! I'd be happy to send them your way, but I doubt if they'd be any good to you. They have a bit of corrosion on them around the ford logo and that, which was one of the reasons I wanted to swap them. And if I'm honest I'm not even sure if they're genuine as they don't have a part no on them. I know the wheels themselves are genuine Ronal though. I'll take a couple of pics this evening, or even this avo if I find them lying in the car somewhere at lunchtime, but as said, doubt they'll meet your standards!

I'd be a bit like yourself in wanting to stick with genuine parts, especially with alloys as the reps seem more prone to damage...not a good thing on our roads! Are you interested in getting second hand ones or are you intent on buying new? Must admit, I do prefer the facelift ST alloys over my own, but at the price I paid and the rarity of finding a good set of facelift ones, I couldn't say no. Think a refurb will be on the cards before the summer too!

• Like 1

Loved that Mondeo of mine, put a lot of time and pride into it and was sad to let it go. The buyer actually sent me a pic on the 1yr anniversary of when I sold it showing me how well it still looks, so he's obviously enjoyed it too.

Hard to say about tyre wear mate. To be honest, I don't pay a lot of attention to it! It's like fuel for me...I do big miles and just see consumables and fuel as necessities that need replaced as and when are necessary. I know I should probably keep an eye on these things, but if I sat down and worked out how much it costs me to keep it on the road I'd probably cry!

Off the top of my head...I think I put the wheels on in about April last year and I think, stress think, that I've had the front tyres they came with on until now. The rears needed changed straight away, then with the camber being out on the wider wheels they balded on the inner edge so had to replace them pretty soon and got the camber sorted too, and they've been fine since. So think I've done about 20k miles on them (have done 37.5k in the 13/14months I've owned it). I don't go for premium brand tyres so maybe they would last longer. I don't spin wheels either, apart from the past couple of weeks when it was near impossible on the slicks in the wet!

I still have the centre caps I removed in the bubble wrap envelope that the new ones came in! I'd be happy to send them your way, but I doubt if they'd be any good to you. They have a bit of corrosion on them around the ford logo and that, which was one of the reasons I wanted to swap them. And if I'm honest I'm not even sure if they're genuine as they don't have a part no on them. I know the wheels themselves are genuine Ronal though. I'll take a couple of pics this evening, or even this avo if I find them lying in the car somewhere at lunchtime, but as said, doubt they'll meet your standards!

I'd be a bit like yourself in wanting to stick with genuine parts, especially with alloys as the reps seem more prone to damage...not a good thing on our roads! Are you interested in getting second hand ones or are you intent on buying new? Must admit, I do prefer the facelift ST alloys over my own, but at the price I paid and the rarity of finding a good set of facelift ones, I couldn't say no. Think a refurb will be on the cards before the summer too!

Thanks mate,

On second thoughts i think ill go for blue centre caps too, maybe strike a deal with ford for a set when buying the rims,

Im going for new rims because theirs very little difference in cost between second hand and new, plus second hand may be damaged in some way but shipping would be the same price, more reason for new is they would come in protective packaging where second hand may get damaged in trasit.

And the way im buying one per month if i buy new then i know each one will be a mk2.5 ST rim.

Your lucky to have sold the mondeo to someone who looks after it as much as yourself too mate,

Eibach lowering springs arrived yesterday morning from ford along with the steering limiter kit.

Much to my surprise the springs are not blue they are gloss black but wont be seen when fitted anyway.

Also the steering limiter kit is blue but defo wont be seen when fitted because the sit in to the CV joint grommet to restrict turning by a couple of mm.

Came with ford fitting instructions for the C-Max but all models of focus are the same in that department, hopfully upload a pdf copy of the fitting instructions for the steering limiter kit in the coming weeks.

Eibach rear camber adjustment bolts expected to arrive tuesday of next week.

IMG_20130110_151525.jpg

IMG_20130110_151649.jpg

IMG_20130110_151152.jpg

IMG_20130110_151301.jpg

Eibach rear camber adjustment bolts for mk2 and mk2.5 focus arrived today, with written fitting instructions. From Performance 3000 on eBay.

All ready to fit now, just waiting to gather up all four wheels.

Roll on to febuary when i will recieve my first one.

IMG_20130117_123926.jpg

IMG_20130117_123845.jpg

Hey Lenny,

Thinking of getting some 18" RS wheels, I know I'll look a complete div with them on my stock Zetec, but adding the 18" wheels with possible lowering springs, is the steering limiting kit required as well?

All stuff going on the list of mods for this year!

• Like 1

Hey Lenny,

Thinking of getting some 18" RS wheels, I know I'll look a complete div with them on my stock Zetec, but adding the 18" wheels with possible lowering springs, is the steering limiting kit required as well?

All stuff going on the list of mods for this year!

Hi Andy,

Yes ford advise when fitting 18's or higher, to fit the steering limiter kit, costs less than 15pounds though.

And check out ford NCC on the main page of the forum or directly on eBay.

They have a great deal on RS rims i think its 400pounds for the set with tyres.

On it like a car bonnet!

Please do a guide for the steering limiter ;-)

• Like 1

any one have 18s on already who can weigh in on this?

let us know whether youre running everything else standard, or lowering springs, coil overs, steering limiter, camber bolts ...anything really

and hows it drive? ..after driving my mates lowered car (lupo on its a**e, so its obv not comparable, but it was like a go kart!)

the focus handles lovely as standard, so will it make it worse or not?

thanks guys

• Like 1

Lenny i have 19's on mine and i thought i'd need the steering limiter too but i havent had any issues with my turning circle/wheels rubbing. since you have the kit you might as well fit it.

• Like 1

Aldoo, I have genuine Mk2 ST 18s, and the car is lowered about 40mm all round (done by a precious owner so unsure the exact drop). There were 7.5J aftermarket 18s on when I bought it and had no problems, but when I changed to the genuine Ford rims, which are a bit wider (8J) I had trouble with rear camber and arch rubbing on the front, just on the driver side for some reason.

After wreckin a new pair of rear tyres by them balding on the inside I got the camber and alignment all sorted and no issues since.

But for the sake of £15 for the limiter kit I'd recommend it. I think I'll order one myself to be honest.

I love the way the car handles, but it is pretty hard over rough ground on the lower profile tyres and lower springs.

Lenny, I know you're a stickler for the finer details and are happy to pay for new parts, but have you seen the facelift ST 18s for sale on DoneDeal.ie? You may have already seen them and just aren't interested, but here's a link anyway!

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/alloyswheels/4109494

• Like 1

I had trouble with rear camber and arch rubbing on the front, just on the driver side for some reason.

me too!

• Like 1

Good luck fitting the springs Lenny the car should look mint especially with the body kit on already

• Like 1

thanks a lot for the info!! :D

am i right thinking the majority of focus' are lowered on springs instead of coilovers?

and ill get those little bits sorted for when i lower (im assuming itll be fine with the 18 STs untill i lower it?)

me and my mate will likely be doing the springs or coils ourselves, but is the camber something that will require a garage to do properly?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I can't wait to see the end result. Those wheels on Donedeal looks the business. If only I was made out of money :P

• Like 1

Aldoo, your right mate. Most guys have just changed the springs as this is fine for fast road use. Coilovers only really required if your gonna use the car on a track.

Suspension alignment is a must once the car has been lowered as the geometry changes.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the standard shocks are fine when lowering the car 30-40mm (even though they probably will wear sooner), so only if you were looking to go below this would you need to look into uprated shocks or a full coilover set up.

As Sal says, geometry and alignment is a must after any work like this, even for peace of mind...or in my case, before you destroy two brand new tyres in the space of a few weeks!

Hassen, I love those wheels too pal. I think it's still quite a high asking price second hand, but to be fair they are pretty rare to come across as he says, and they look immaculate in the photos. They've been up there for a while now too though, so there might be a bit of movement on the asking price. Seem completely bare too, without tyres, centre caps, valves or nuts.

• Like 1

Please do a guide for the steering limiter ;-)

I'll see what i can do mate,

I will upload a PDF of fords fitting instructions, but i dont plan on fitting them myself,

Im going to present them to a mechanic along with springs and camber bolts, then ask if i can step back and take some pictures lol.

Good luck fitting the springs Lenny the car should look mint especially with the body kit on already

Thanks mate,

Springs are in storage now until may/june lol im afraid to lower it on 16's encase my flaps start to rub off the ground and i dont want to need camber alignment done twice, so ill need to wait another while yet unfortunitly.

Lenny,

I know you're a stickler for the finer details and are happy to pay for new parts, but have you seen the facelift ST 18s for sale on DoneDeal.ie? You may have already seen them and just aren't interested, but here's a link anyway!

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/alloyswheels/4109494

Thanks mate,

But you know me lol, going to ford