Do Not Sell My Personal Information

19" Snow Flake Alloys Fitment To 1.6Tdci Will They Fit?

Lenny

Wow Lenny they are going to look great , can't wait until you get them all on

• Like 1

Wow Lenny they are going to look great , can't wait until you get them all on

Thanks mate, ill swap you for the mk3 anytime though lol

Nothing beats the smell of opening packages!

Looking awesome. Roll on March :)

Thanks mate,

To my surprise i got a faint smell of paint when i opened the box's i thought they would have been bigger than they are, but i suppose they will be when the tyres go on them, i totally agree with you regarding roll on march but it will be the 4th April before we see some rubber on the rims,

Wheels look ace. Lenny i hate you so much lol!

What size did you go for ? 18 or 19's

Sorry mate lol

Looking forward to rolling on them,

But not looking forward to cringing in the passenger seat while the missus kerbs one lol

Went for 18 x 8s after all the news on tyre profile and my mix of motorway with occasional country roads i thought it best to go with the 18inch rim

looking sweet there lenny, bet you carnt wait can you..... are you having the final install done in 1 go? ie springs, wheels, adjustment etc.....

looking sweet there lenny, bet you carnt wait can you..... are you having the final install done in 1 go? ie springs, wheels, adjustment etc.....

Thanks Martin,

Can't wait mate, the plan is to get the second two rims & centre caps next month (march) then get tyres fitted and balanced in april,

Then in may I plan to bring the springs & camber bolts to ford for fitting along with the steering limiter kit, then drive home on the 16s take some pictures of it lowerd on 16's aswell as ride height measurements encase anyone is thinking of lowering on 16 inch wheels.

Then finally fit the 18s and take some pictures, bring the car down to local tyre place for tracking alignment job done.

sounds like a busy few months lol. I read ur upgrading discs n pads, may I recommend Brembo... fitted today, look well back of the wheel ( drilled n grooved) work well initially but waiting to bed in....

have u any thoughts on intercooler mods, pIperwork etc.... as that's what I'm looking at atm...

sounds like a busy few months lol. I read ur upgrading discs n pads, may I recommend brembo... fitted today, look well back of the wheel ( drilled n grooved) work well initially but waiting to bed in....

have u any thoughts on intercooler mods, pIperwork etc.... as that's what I'm looking at atm...

Sweet!

How much did the discs and pads set you back mate?

I was looking at mintex pads with no brand grooved discs from an eBay seller,

Brembo would be better though.

And for intercooler I eventually plan to fit a CodeRed:

They are built specific for straight fit upgrade to the TDCi focus and available through european-parts germany.

I would like to examine the intercooler piping and if possible get a chrome pipe built with longer ends resulting in less silicone joints but that will be next year I think or atleast september onwards.

Vet this waiting is killing you mate!! Should be great though!

Is anyone running lower without camper bolts?

Having looked around the internet iv seen people saying that as long as the toe is alright your tyres won't be too bad as long as less than a 50mm drop

These were off Honda civic forums so i don't know if its transferable to focus

Anyone any input?

Bet this waiting is killing you mate!! Should be great though!

Is anyone running lower without camper bolts?

Having looked around the internet iv seen people saying that as long as the toe is alright your tyres won't be too bad as long as less than a 50mm drop

These were off Honda civic forums so i don't know if its transferable to focus

Anyone any input?

Yes I can hardly wait, but I try not to think about it much no because I can't take the progress any further until next month, even then it will be another two box's in storage on the 14th March, it will be Thursday 04th April before we see any visual modification with the tyres being fitted, followed by lowering in early May,

I'm wishing my life away lol

Not sure about the non use of rear camber adjustment bolts mate,

I just saw them for under 50 pounds and read the details about them, thought they would be woth it and cheaper than risking not fitting them.

But if fitting adjustable coilovers then front camber adjustment strut top mounts and perhaps adjustable tie rods would also be required to correct camber at such low ride height, standard kit wouldn't be designed for that kind of drop.

• 1 month later...

14th March update,

All is going according to plan so far anyways, hopfully continues this way,

Collected the second two 18x8 snow flake ST alloys from ford today along with centre caps for all four rims,

Mcgard locking kit and nuts also arrived from M.A.P.S ltd. Through e-bay much better quality than the ford fitted nuts that broke up on the ford wrench aswell as losing their thin caps and becoming 18mm nuts instead of standard 19mm "nightmare nuts"

Got slightly worried on collection from ford this morning as one alloy box was 0.5" taller than the other ones,

Also printed on the box was 8.5x18

Where the other rim box's say 18x8

But on close inspection both rims are the same size, aswell as part number,

It seems the dimensions printed on the box are there to represent the size of the shipping box and not the actual rim contained inside it,

So for some reason ford are now fitting them in to bigger boxs than previous,

All the same when fitted, just an observation on the packaging,

All quiet now until 04th April when I'll get some rubber fitted to them and put on the car followed by lowering in late april/early may,

Here are some pictures of todays progress:

IMG_20130314_122650_zpsa241f0d9.jpg

IMG_20130314_122731_zps3262965d.jpg

IMG_20130314_122806_zps87b2dd2c.jpg

IMG_20130314_122843_zpsdc8a0ae1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. Now wrap them in rubber and get them on :p

• Like 1

Nice. Now wrap them in rubber and get them on :p

Only 6 more sleeps!!

Update on the wheels,

Waiting until Thursday for tyres is killing me,

So I decided to do some gardening to kill the time; when this fantastic idea struck me.

Miracle-Gro All Purpose!!

IMG_20130403_082235_zps536ba4ac.jpg

IMG_20130403_083609_zps3f4a4338.jpg

IMG_20130403_083647_zpsd64a54b7.jpg

No signs of instant growth

IMG_20130403_083739_zps0e594973.jpg

But fingers crossed guys,

I'll update tomorrow they may grow to 18"

IMG_20130403_083714_zpsfa43e8dc.jpg

Fingers Crossed they do..

Don't forget to plan some classical music to them. Studies have shown that the growth is quicker with classical music, rather than heavy metal music ;)

• Like 1

Don't forget to plan some classical music to them. Studies have shown that the growth is quicker with classical music, rather than heavy metal music ;)

lol cheers mate,

More of a trance and euphoria listener myself

Haha lenny , well i think they will grow around Thursday , that grow stuff does not work straiht away lol

• Like 1

Haha lenny , well i think they will grow around Thursday , that grow stuff does not work straiht away lol

lol justvfor the record mate I only used water in the can,

But to my surprise when I put the measuring tape on the rim I was expecting to read 16"

Who would have thought a 16" alloy is actually a 17.5" rim they have 205/55/R16 on them and are 16" but the rims are 17.5"

I ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT WAS WORKING lmao.

Lmao Lenny , did you click your heels while your were wishing they had grown :)

• Like 1

Lmao Lenny , did you click your heels while your were wishing they had grown :)

Nah! Clicking the heels is fairy tale fantasy mate,

A good dose of Miracle-Gro and cross the fingers. lol

Miracle-Gro has worked guys!!

The wheels are now 18" ST Snow Flake,

I've only got two images at the moment as I'm now awake 24 hours since working nights this week I've finished work at 7am then got wheels done followed by packing up the 16'' for sale,

So here are the pics and I'll add more at the weekend, I'm now off to get some sleep before work at 11

IMG_20130404_114546_zpsa931b5ba.jpg

IMG_20130404_132729_zps0baf7254.jpg

IMG_20130405_084703_zps6a8f6105.jpg

IMG_20130405_085342_zps3fb58fa4.jpg

im liking the wheels fella and just outa intrest do ford charge for the center caps and if so how much?

• Like 1

im liking the wheels fella and just outa intrest do ford charge for the center caps and if so how much?

Thanks

Yes ford charge for everything seperate, thnk the centre caps were around 8 pounds each.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club