Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unmute Sony System

Sal1986

Hi,

I need a little help. I have a Focus Titanium X 62 Plate. I have only had it a few weeks now. When I Sync my iPhone via bluetooth to the Sony system, the music plays, but it is muted. I cannot seem to unmute it. I have used it previously, I must've muted it somehow. Please help....

• Like 1

Have you tried Clearing out the Sync , and then re-Sync it see if that solve's it.

or there must be a setting on the iPhone you have clicked

Your using the bt audio function on the Sony unit I assume and not the lead.

I am using the BT Audio Function without the lead, on the bottom four options on the screen display there is a Mute symbol displayed, cant seem to unmute it.

Looking at my car now when I turn radio on, press aux button and goes straight to bt audio and starts playing, my options on the screen are repeat, shuffle, scan, info can't see mute

Ok on the unit have you tried the mute button, I know it's obvious but this is the only way to mute the unit.

Does it display audio muted on your system??

Have you got a phone button on your system???

Try pressing this as thats what my system is doing in my focus - and i cant link it to my phone

• 6 years later...

ive the same issue, i can turn my car off and on and it still will show up as muted. pushing the muted button only highlights the mute function , pressing it, holding it down or pressing 'ok' does nothing. so frustrating!! from what im seing (going from iPhone to Samsung while having the same issue) theirs nothing im doing phone wise to disrupt the function. my phone says its playing but no sound.

• Like 1

Again an obvious one. On the phone when playing have you pressed the volume button. I know my old Samsung used to go into a hearing saving mode via BT and gave about half volume. You could then over ride it and increase it. Just wondering if yours goes so low as not to hear it

• 5 months later...

Hi, was there any solution to this problem? 

I have a ford focus 2012 titanium x which I love but I keep having this problem, even when I disconnect my phone from the bluetooth I have e no volume,  please help it is driving me insane 

On 4/8/2019 at 3:49 AM, katherine said:

ive the same issue, i can turn my car off and on and it still will show up as muted. pushing the muted button only highlights the mute function , pressing it, holding it down or pressing 'ok' does nothing. so frustrating!! from what im seing (going from iPhone to Samsung while having the same issue) theirs nothing im doing phone wise to disrupt the function. my phone says its playing but no sound.

Hi ya, did you fix it? 

• 10 months later...

I on the other hand have a ford fiesta sport and with the same mute problem and all systems work except for phone which is on mute.

• 9 months later...

basically, i was having this problem, i fixed it by doing the following:

connect your phone open a song

go onto the bluetooth screen

press aux key

press source then it should start playing

i hope it works, reply if this helped.

• 8 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 9:00 AM, Selman.Focus63 said:

basically, i was having this problem, i fixed it by doing the following:

connect your phone open a song

go onto the bluetooth screen

press aux key

press source then it should start playing

i hope it works, reply if this helped.

Omg thank you so much I had the same problem as the other people and now is working because of you comment xxxx

would help to know what update the car is using?

they redid the whole connection method in later life - a load of user menus are very different.......    especially on BT

is this a fix ford did in updates - or a fix for a bug you shouldn't have and the menus to try aren't even there anymore?

https://digiex.net/threads/ford-audio-bluetooth-usb-firmware-update-november-2012-release-how-to-update.14009/

or here

https://fordcom.de/download-category/software-updates/

shame the idiots never remembered to add DAB to the voice control menus ?

Release: November 2012

The update to your Ford bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Improved energy management in connection with USB and bluetooth devices

Release: April 2012

The update to your Ford bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Playback of music files via the USB stick
- Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices
- Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and music streaming via Bluetooth
- Compatibility of mobile phones

Release: October 2011

The update to your Ford Bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Supports the original Apple USB cable
- Apple iOS 5 compatibility: display of the phones battery level and signal strength
- Apple iOS 5 compatibility: improved stability for music streaming via Bluetooth
- Playback of music files via the USB stick
- Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices
- Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and music streaming via Bluetooth
- Compatibility of mobile phones
- Display of phone book and call lists

This update is applicable to the following vehicles:

Model    Built date

Fiesta:  July       2008 - December 2011
Focus:   February   2008 - January 2012
C-MAX:   February   2008 - January 2012
Kuga:    February   2008 - January 2012
Mondeo:  September  2008 - January 2012
S-MAX:   September  2008 - January 2012
Galaxy:  September  2008 - January 2012
Transit: from June  2009