Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Is This A Scam ? What Do You Guys Think ?

Ravi811

I am trying to sell my Ford Focus ZS on Autotrader and got this message.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

John Ben

Hi,Am interested in buying.How long have you owned it?? what's your actual price for it and when last was it

serviced? happy new year

ME

Hi John

I will have owned it nine months in February. My actual price is £15,900 but I am open to sensible offers. It has not been serviced yet as the first service is due after 12 months.

I would love to keep it but selling due to moving out of my parents house and need the money for a house deposit. It is a fantastic car.

Any more questions I will be happy to answer. Thank you

Ravi Patel – iPhone

John Ben

Thanks for your response.Im Mr (John Ben) from USA I'm ok with the price and condition you gave me and i will be paying through paypal(www.paypal.com).. So i will be

paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a paypal account and if not you can easily create your PayPal account on their website at www.paypal.com and send me your PayPal email for the payment,You do not have to bother yourself about the shipping. I'll instruct a Shipping Co Agent to come for pick up at your door,when i must have pay you and here is my details below to show you that am seriously interested in your Car

Mr John Ben

Address:lot 104 woodland terrace,

City: Morgantown

State: West Virginia

Date of Birth:

11-01-1960

So kindly get back to me with your PayPal details like this below

Full Name:

PayPal Email:

Phone Number:

Amount:

As soon as i receive this details from you, i will proceed with the

payment immediately and i have already arrange for a private shipping

agents that will come for the pick up of the item at your house door

step and they will take care of the picking up document including the

full information to pick up the item at your house door step. So I

will need your home address as soon as the payment is made to you..

Thanks

ME

The car cannot be sold till February 11th. If you are serious about buying the car I need a £1000 deposit. As 2 people are coming to view the car today.

John Ben

im really serius, let me pay the whole amount..ok?

ME

How will you collect the car and what day? I need the whole amount cleared in my account before you pick it up.

Ravi Patel - iPhone

John Ben

You do not have to bother yourself about the shipping. I'll instruct a Shipping Co Agent to come for pick up at your door,when i must have pay you

So kindly get back to me with your PayPal details like this below

Full Name:

PayPal Email:

Phone Number:

Amount:

As soon as i receive this details from you, i will proceed with the

payment immediately and i have already arrange for a private shipping

agents that will come for the pick up of the item at your house door

step and they will take care of the picking up document including the

full information to pick up the item at your house door step. So I

will need your home address as soon as the payment is made to you..

Thanks

sounds like a scam, stay well clear. seems like he wants your details to come round and steal the keys!!

anyway, why would you want to ship this car to the usa...hmm

I would avoid this like the Plague! The English is suspect as is the entire proposal.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to report this to PayPal and Autotrader.

Avoid, He's way too insistent on your PayPal details.

I'd reckon it's a phishing attempt so as to steal your account.

Definitely report.

sounds like a scam, stay well clear. seems like he wants your details to come round and steal the keys!!

anyway, why would you want to ship this car to the usa...hmm

I would avoid this like the Plague! The English is suspect as is the entire proposal.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to report this to PayPal and Autotrader.

Avoid, He's way too insistent on your PayPal details.

I'd reckon it's a phishing attempt so as to steal your account.

Definitely report.

just wanted a few opinions. Thanks for your help guys, first time ive ever sold a car lol.

jesus how thick do these scammers think people are

they'll hack your paypal to empty your account, as well as go round to your house at night to lift the car right off your drive

Why would someone from the US buy a RHD car from the UK (plus shipping), when equivalent LHD models in his own country would be far cheaper and less hassle?

Flip that around - if you were looking for a second hand Focus, would you import and LHD model from the US, or would you buy a RHD model from the UK?

It makes no sense whatsoever, so the guy is either an idiot or a scammer.

Walk away and do not give him any details

Please dont forget to give hime your D.O.B, and mothers maiden name, bank account number sort code, and card details and 3 digit code from back of card while your at it.

(Joking of course)

Wow, I've encountered one of these in the past, obviously politely told them were to go. Another thing to watch out for with things like this through PayPal is 'e-cheque's' ...

Says it all in the text tell him to where to go defo a scam coming from the most corrupt country in the world but if youve been taken in by it i,ve got a better offer give me 15k and the car and we,ll call it a deal lol

Ill take it for a week,

Give it a full respray and a lovely new set of plates, for 2,000 all in.

Sorry to read reason for selling though mate.

As the others have said this is a scam. Seems very pushy for your details. Next your account will be emptied, you cat gone and he will be sitting on your sofa with your sky hd remote!

I would definitely report this one.

As the others have said this is a scam. Seems very pushy for your details. Next your account will be emptied, you cat gone and he will be sitting on your sofa with your sky hd remote!

I would definitely report this one.

Next your account will be emptied, your cat gone and he will be sitting on your sofa with your sky hd remote!

Lmao drinking your beer and txting your missus

Lmao drinking your beer and txting your missus

Give him your missus, just don't let him near your beer. :P

If it sounds too good to be true, you know the rest. Anyway if you do the transaction through paypal they only need your email address. Sounds like a scam to me I had a similar one from a pastor in America with a cousin in Africa who wanted to pay over the odds for a Nintendo DS I was selling on eBay.

Hi,I would say its 99.9% a scam,so be careful,i have had a few in the past as well(with eBay and paypal both spelt wrong).I have just ignored them and then deleted them.

thanks for all your help guys, thought it was weird. just first car im selling and didnt know what to believe.

I would say its a scam so don't give any contact details out , don't click on any links they send you and why would they pay for a right hand drive shipped to USA and then pay about 1000 on top for shipping. FAKE . Bin the emails

With phishing scams just hover your pointer over the link , its easy to then see where they are trying to really direct you.

Scam...

100%

Good job you checked here as your gut is definitely telling you the right thing here!

Complete Scam, refuse sale on terms that Obama cant Gymcana.

Complete Scam, refuse sale on terms that Obama cant Gymcana.

I think someone's been at the Jameson's.

thanks for all the help guys

really appreciate it