Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cat D Write Off - Would You Buy?

jeebowhite

Looking at getting a haynes manual, but none seem to cover the CVT of my engine, I presume that means I just cant work on the automatic gearbox etc? or will that mean half the book will be useless to me?

£4995 for a 10 Plate??? WOW!!

That's some depreciation! but a great second hand buy!!

yeah, dont I know it, given it still has 53k warranty and / or four years...

i was looking at one on eBay, some guy bought a mk3 2011 plate focus zetec-s i white with body kit, he repaired door &wing as he's a body repairer,but it wont start,this could possibly ecu problem/ fuel cut off switch or other but is dodgy buying something like this,even though at £8950 is not bad, but its cat d.

yunii

No doubt, the main risk is always going to be value at the end of the use, or in an accident, but the car itself could be 99% structurally sound underneath.

Its helping me to adjust my driving habits, I certainly wont take undue risks anymore as I dont really want a poor value at the end of it, but for the sake of a few quid to the insurance company, sometimes its not a bad investment...

A pleasure! handling is not far off the last two motors, but I havent pushed her!

Gear changes are a pleasure when in manual mode, not laborious at all, and the motor is just sound, hasnt skipped a beat!

I could probably do with servicing her as I dont know when she was done last but all in all, over the moon!

Just have to replace missing bits like tow eyes and Im in the process of replacing most bulbs for LED's!

OK Guys, If I may ask you all, if you can wander over to the CMAX section and take a look at my latest major nightmare thread. I would very much appreciate anyone and everyones input!

Finally got some piccies up, feel free to take a browse, they arent best quality due to the time of day I took them, but as the weather settles, will try and get some more :)

http://postimage.org/gallery/r0u96qy/

Jeebo, I am quite out of date with this thread - hows the new car then? Im just going to look at your nightmare page and your new pics

Cars behaving himself for now, The battery I bought with the car was fudged, and the replacement I bought was fudged.

I set the walk me home lights off yesterday in the -3 temperature (replicating the night it went bang) - went out there three hours later, tried to start the car and no issues. Looks like I must have been doubly unlucky, but the replacement battery is OK now. FInal job, is the fact that the key doesnt open the boot lid the old fashioned way. I need to phone the garage and see what they say... maybe do that later today...

Does it turn like normal? Just doesn't unlock it?

Is it worth taking the panel off and a liberal spray of WD40?

nah, key doesnt even twist, it goes in but doesnt move... Me suspects they put the wrong barrel on there when they replaced the door as part of the repairs...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club