Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Correct Way To Lock Car Whilst In Car?

Mikoyan

Hi all,

I have recently got a Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 mk 2.5 and would have thought if passengers are inside and all doors closed, the locks would automatically kick in (bit like child locks)

I tried a test by getting in car closing doors and any other person could open a door without any issues.

So what I am doing is getting in car and pressing lock key then starting engine?

Is this correct or a better way?

Thanks!

If you push in your door lock catch on your side then all the locks will activate.

You do have the child locks on the rear doors if that is what you're concerned about.

There's a small slot on each rear lock that you turn with the tip of your key that stops the doors opening from the inside.

I think u can enable this feature through elm config that the locks activate after moving past 5mph for example but I may be wrong I believe Clive or pree may know better

You can with an ELM327 ODB2 reader and software Enable Auto locking while moving off , this will not stop the door from being opened from inside of the car , but add security from stopping car jacking from outside of the car.

Of course if you have the child lock tabs activated in the rear doors then they can't be opened from inside

See this post if your interested in the ELM and Software

http://www.fordowner...nd-ff2-program/

The door lock button on the 2.5 is flush on the drivers door, just above the leaver that opens the door. It's not the opening leaver as on the earlier car. It does just stop the doors being opened from the outside.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club