Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Dvd Gps

haigboardman

theres a fuse directly back in the dvd player but i inspected it and it looked okay, i havent checked any other fuses though. but what i did when it wasnt working was connect up all my old stuff again and it all worked as it was before, maybe ill just replace that one fuse anyway. its doing my head in, waited three weeks for this damn thing! unfortunately i havent got a power probe or test light at home to see if theres power going to it.

It should be pretty much plug and play unless you have a faulty unit. You can't connect the plugs incorrectly. Does your original stereo still work? Might be worth checking the fiesta's fuses before going any further. I fitted mine in 2010 and no longer have the unit now. I disconnected the negative from the cars battery until the unit was fully fitted.

Sorry I can't help more.

Chase can I ask why you no longer have this device? Looks nifty. Can I say Nifty these days?

Also as I'm desperate for one...

Can either of you advise on:

Is the installation as simple as take the top unit and screen out?

How do you replace the CD unit for the DVD unit?

The main Ford cable does this plug straight into the unit i.e. Plug and Play.

There are different versions of this exact make. Cables/Cards go in the top or routed from the back of the unit?

Keeping a close eye on this topic

I bought this unit mainly for the gps and initially I was happy with all the functions. After 6mths of use I couldn't wait to take it out the car.

Jack of all trades, master of none. Just don't expect it to function like a factory fit unit.

The satnav took at least 10 mins to find the satelite and just wasn't reliable.

I had no confidence in the black plastic screen surround and on sunny days was constantly covering it with a towel when leaving the car incase it melted.

The bluetooth quality was terrible. I lost ford voice controls

This was early 2010 so might be improvements now. On my unit I couldn't use steering wheel controls.

The screen was too glaring at night and no dim just the option to turn it off altogether.

The supplied remote control didn't work.

Couldn't get any tv reception at all.

Good points: Sound quality not bad/ Dvd playback and music on SD card worked well.

Fairly easy to install. The amount of cables look daunting but it is just plug and play. I would advise buying some plastic trim removal tools to avoid damaging any trim and disconnect the negative from the battery before doing anything.

The dvd unit is pretty much identical to the ford cd unit so is just a swap. The original screen comes out and the cable connected to it just fixes to the new screen. I can remember the only trouble I had was the sheer amount of wiring and was a bit fiddly to tuck everything in.

I now have a ford mirrornavi fitted which does me fine.

I removed all my original photos on this subject as all my pics now appear on numerous websites of companies who sell the unit claiming the photos to be theirs. They even have the cheek to watermark them.

I will put some up again once I have watermarked them myself.

yeah ive swapped the old stuff back and all works, ill try disconnecting the battery and doing it. other than that i think its faulty, if it is i might just give up and get a refund.

Sorry haigboardman, the pics don't really help your cause.

I would try for a refund.

Only thing to be careful about is that the supplier might advise professional installation only and require a certificate to say the unit is faulty.

Hope you get it sorted.

Bleh, looks kinda like an all bells and whistles thing, and then you end up with a brick in a box instead of what you were hoping for. Always kept away from things like that if honest >.<

Chase! You're the guy with the pictures!! Sorry for all the copycats! They update the unit every year and the OS interface doesn't actually look like that anymore. Excited to get mine. I need it as the 'style' lacks features. I mean all I have is radio and cd!! Grr. Not complaining though love my car and was a steal from auctions(lease company) v.low mileage :))

Thanks though!

No problem, I'm sure they have improved alot on these units. Just wasn't for me. The sound from all the Speakers when watching a Dvd was brilliant.

haigboardman, just a thought. Could it be just the screen not displaying. Do the stereo controls light up when you press the power button? Have you tried to load a cd?

Funny you should say that cus i fitted it again and found i could control the radio with the steering wheel buttons but nothing else, so i think its something to do with the screen

And i do actually work as a mechanic for mercedes so hopefully that will be classed as professional :)

• 7 months later...

Livesms, I removed your post as it linked to a site that had content that we would not like to link to (!Removed! and provocative images)

Livesms, I removed your post as it linked to a site that had content that we would not like to link to (!Removed! and provocative images)

I'm sorry. Damn imagehosting banners.

Can I ask one more without any links.

Thinking about changing stock audio on my Ford Fiesta MK7 (2012) to get GPS, DVD, BT and rear camera.

Have not found any variant with Android – only WinCE 6.0:

- Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 - (shipping from China - US $ 285.00/ Piece)

- Redpower TN-1803 for FORD Fiesta (at local markets).

Does anyone has an right experience for aftermarket upgrading stock audio ? Which one is better to chose ?

As for Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 - Interested if Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 correctly works with CAN bus Ford Fiesta MK7 2012 (they says after 2009 CAN bus was changed so old devices can not control wheel buttons).

At photo gallery W2-C152 looks like device has second small screen – interesting what is it for ?

you can upload photos here, click on the more reply options beneath the reply box

Chase, thanks for good quality photos.

After some time - are you satisfacted with the result ?

What year built is your car ?

Can you tell us where did you bought you device ? What is the product name ?

i was looking at buying one of these for my 2011 zetec it is a non bluetooth model , glad i read this dont think ill bother now.

i was looking at buying one of these for my 2011 zetec it is a non bluetooth model , glad i read this dont think ill bother now.

And what was your decision ? Have you upgrade your stock audio ?

you can upload photos here, click on the more reply options beneath the reply box

Big thanks. I'll try.

Thinking about changing stock audio on my Ford Fiesta MK7 (2012) to get GPS, DVD, BT and rear camera.

Have not found any variant with Android – only WinCE 6.0:

- Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 - (shipping from China - US $ 285.00/ Piece)

post-46024-0-42521200-1376644885_thumb.j

- Redpower TN-1803 for FORD Fiesta (at local markets).

post-46024-0-08663900-1376644889_thumb.j

Does anyone has an right experience for aftermarket upgrading stock audio ? Which one is better to chose ?

As for Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 - Interested if Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 correctly works with CAN bus Ford Fiesta MK7 2012 (they says after 2009 CAN bus was changed so old devices can not control wheel buttons).

At photo gallery W2-C152 looks like device has second small screen – interesting what is it for ?

• 1 month later...

Long story with Ford Fiesta GPS.

After long hesitating ordered Witson C152 GPS DVD device. Paid Sep 07 2013, only Sep 22 2013 it was shipped and finally Oct 02 2013 I received the parcel.

post-46024-0-56382700-1380905468_thumb.j post-46024-0-88214000-1380905469_thumb.j post-46024-0-55262900-1380905500_thumb.j post-46024-0-80745300-1380905509_thumb.j

First of all I was confused with black frame (my Ford Fiesta has silver plastic dashboard) but silver frame was added too (it was placed under the main unit).

post-46024-0-78787300-1380905844_thumb.j

post-46024-0-55698900-1380905846_thumb.j

Here is the "main unit".

post-46024-0-62374000-1380909132_thumb.j post-46024-0-90115400-1380909134_thumb.j post-46024-0-92269000-1380909136_thumb.j post-46024-0-40102700-1380909139_thumb.j post-46024-0-05957400-1380909141_thumb.j post-46024-0-83087100-1380909142_thumb.j

Also there was huge mass of cables and connectors :) Seller provided me with "Unit socket sketch map"

post-46024-0-28276100-1380905731_thumb.j

Checked the package of cables using map and real device - everything ok

post-46024-0-35637700-1380906058_thumb.j post-46024-0-17678800-1380906424_thumb.j post-46024-0-79545200-1380906820_thumb.j

Silver frame has some plastic / glass inside - made as fake screen. It's all with scratches with non accurate drilled holes and it disturbed me if it will be in use :(

Those frames (silver and black) has different mounting - so it was making me think something was not exactly I expect.

Decided to install all the things with official Ford service station (because of warranty limitation).
Went to service station, left the car but told service man with every question or moot point to contact me, as I left nearby (don't know as it in other countries - but in our local service clients are not allowed to be in repair zone).

During "the process" service man said the main unit was placed ideally. But damn frames for placing stock screen was making a problem.

Neither of the two will not fit for stock screen. Stock screen does not fit the plate (assembled screen is too large), if disassemble it (take out screen and electronic scheme) screen does not fit white plastic piece provided with black frame and some black box inserted into silver frame. Made some photos of the stock screen without plastic cover (with silver frame and plastic piece for black frame).

post-46024-0-00380300-1380907425_thumb.j post-46024-0-67366500-1380907427_thumb.j

I was told that there is no way to install stock screen into provided frames (see attached files). And "starting the car without stock screen is impossible because of system failure".

Everything was return back as it was originally :(

Does anybody has a detalized photos of stock screen (disassembled - strictly speaking screen and electronic plate) for Ford Fiesta MK7 (2012) ?

Is it true that "starting the car without stock screen is impossible because of system failure" ?

What can happened if I try to start the car without stock screen.

Sorry for my English.

• 6 months later...

hi , i had the same trouble to make the stock screen inside i will send some pictures later on , but i can start without the stock screen no problem

Sorry for my English

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club