Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Needs A Helping Hand

tomleather

Hi everyone my names Tom i have a 2008 1.6 TCDI, it has been my work horse for the passed 2 years with only a few things going wrong, some side lights and fuses.

Now the bigger problems have started. Car cutting out with high revs and when going over 3k, so i did my research and i cleaned the EGR valve and metal tube, which wasn't too dirty, put it back together, the car ran well for about a day until the the problem started, so i ordered a fuel filter. All fitted problem solved revs all through the range and the turbo kicks in. So i going to start the car today and nothing at all just turns over with the starter motor and nothing.

So i took the fuel filter out, drained and topped it back up in case some air was trapped. I did this by removing the sensor on top of the filter and just filling through the whole in the top. No luck

So i cracked off the high pressure pipes as they go into the injectors and no fuel is coming out.

So i've done them back up and worked back to the fuel filter housing which is full of fuel. I take each hose off in turn to see if any fuel is coming out and still nothing. So now i'm stuck has anyone got any more thoughts or has someone had this problem.

Also to top it off the key entry to the bonnet broke again.

i really don't want to talk it to ford as they quoted me £500 for the EGR valve fix

Regards Tom

They can be a pain in the backside to bleed up without being patronising are you defiately bleeding it up ok and is there definately no air leaks allowing the fuel to drop back to the tank over night. if thats all ok it could be the imv if the high pressure pump. bit odd but let me know what you find.

There are defiantly no air leaks the car did start then it just cut out and didn't start again. Also the car was working fine all yesterday after i had changed the fuel filter.

No fuel is coming through to the injectors though.

Ok if you can locate the high pressure pump and on it you should find a 3 pin plug if you disconnect it will it now start?

I'll have another look in the morning, its getting dark now

Im guesing the high pressure pump is right at the back of the engine? i'll follow the high pressure pipes back.

If the car starts when i remove the 3pin plug what does this mean?

Regards Tom

Yeah it is at the back at the bottom of the engine if it starts with the plug unplugged it could be the inlet metering valve malfunctioned not a very common problem in my experience but it does happen.

Thank you, i'm going to start all again tomorrow. I'm going to prime the lines and prime the filter again, if that doesn't work ill change the head of the filter where the electrical connector goes in as that is a genuine ford part and the new filter is after market. If that doesn't work i'll check the high pressure pump and if none of that works a call to the AA is in order

Regards Tom

I will be online most of tomorrow if you get stuck and need to bounce ideas around

Problem all sorted. Changed the sensor on top of the new fuel filter for the old one, refilled it, undone the HP at the injectors and cranked over. Fuel come through the pipes so nipped up and cranked over again and was running all fine.

Cheers for your help, now to sort the bonnet lock.

Regards Tom

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club