Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Plastic Weather Shield Mk2.5

btd1975

Hi all, long shot but does anyone have a broken headlight unit for a mk2.5? I'm after the plastic backing for the bulbs. I bought a 2008 Focus TDCi and noticed a bug trapped in the headlight (deceased!) but thought no more of it.

Until the dipped bulb went (a year later) and asked my Ford dealer how much to replace it, after I was told £46!!! I decided to do it myself. Watched a great YouTube video and all went well, except the plastic stopper for the dipped beam (behind the bulb) is missing and probably why the bug was there!!

Searching online it seems you can't buy them and the breakers I've tried either don't have them or will only sell the entire light assembly. So if you have them spare and want to sell them or have any ideas for me to try, please help!!!

Thanks for reading,

Ben

You mean the rubber seals that go over the bulb holders?

Yes, those are the ones!! And incredibly difficult to buy or find without purchasing a whole headlight....or so it seems!

Yes, those are the ones!! And incredibly difficult to buy or find without purchasing a whole headlight....or so it seems!

Have you asked your Ford dealer how much they cost?

I asked the local dealership and they said you can't buy them as they come as a part and parcel with the headlight assembly. So they were intimating I'd have to buy a whole headlight to get them. I'll not be bothering with that!

Just had a look online. Looks to me like no one sells them separately from the headlight. All that I can suggest is to try different dealers, see what they say. Also try online places like Fordparts, they may be able to source some for you?

Yes, I'm going to have to keep trying the breakers yards I think or looking on eBay for broken light assemblies. Thought I'd give here a try as well in case anyone had a broken one for any reason, thanks for the replies, appreciated!

i Actually know a Ford Breaker that can get hold on these, can you post a picture for the right style as there are 6 different styles within the space of the last 3 years, i can get hold of a few for yourself.

Regards

Ronnie.

Thanks for the reply Roundy. The photo should show the back of the headlight with the black plastic round seals in place.

Just had a look online. Looks to me like no one sells them separately from the headlight. All that I can suggest is to try different dealers, see what they say. Also try online places like Fordparts, they may be able to source some for you?

I took your advice and went to a different Ford dealer. Spoke to the Parts Dept and they knew what I was on about and had the part in stock. It did cost me £8.83 though.....

I've uploaded a couple of pics of the part and packaging for the Dipped Beam plastic weathershield/seal.

Thanks Gumpy321 and Ronnie for the replies on the post.

post-28058-0-02740800-1357305843_thumb.jpost-28058-0-54101000-1357305855_thumb.j

• Like 1

From the Label, I believe the FINIS Number is 1521246... A useful number for anyone else having this issue...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club