Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Main/dipped Beam

DanGersFord

My dealer recently adjusted my dipped beam level so that the beam is higher and what ever he's done has adjusted my main beam also which is now too high to be much good. Im guessing its the same screw that adjusts both levels (i have a fiesta mk6/angel eye projector headlamps) Obviously my dipped beam is more important than my main beam but I was wondering if it was possible/legal to wire my headlights so that the dipped beam came on at the same time as the main beam. I have seperate main/dipped beam bulbs (h1)?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanGersFord

• b1g_dav3

• 5t3v3

• Stoney871

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dealer recently adjusted my dipped beam level so that the beam is higher and what ever he's done has adjusted my main beam also which is now too high to be much good. Im guessing its the same screw that adjusts both levels (i have a fiesta mk6/angel eye projector headlamps) Obviously my dipped beam is more important than my main beam but I was wondering if it was possible/legal to wire my headlights so that the dipped beam came on at the same time as the main beam. I have seperate main/dipped beam bulbs (h1)?

I would have said not as even if they are really pointing low down you will still dazzle people

No thats not what I meant sorry. What i meant was is it possible to wire the dipped beam lights to stay on when I turn my main beams on. At the moment when you flick the stalk and turn on your main beam the dipped beam turns off.

I would have said not as even if they are really pointing low down you will still dazzle people

No thats not what I meant sorry. What i meant was is it possible to wire the dipped beam lights to stay on when I turn my main beams on. At the moment when you flick the stalk and turn on your main beam the dipped beam turns off.

I don't think there's a problem with that.

There's loads of cars that do that as standard.

As long as it's not dazzling everyone and isn't overloading/overheating the lights you should (hopefully) be ok.

Ah I see what you mean you may have a problem with them getting to hot and blowing quicker than normal but other than that I don't see a problem

Hey Dan, just a quick question. Have you fitted HID's to your car?

No I haven't why?

Because you should! *awaits half the forum to dive on me about HID's*

Because you should! *awaits half the forum to dive on me about HID's*

;)

Id like HIDs cus as you can see in my display picture my angel eye rings have got abit of a blue tint to them and I havent been able to find any normal bulbs that are anywhere near matching them. If I was gona fit them id want to do it right though ie with the headlamps washers etc and it just sounds too much hassle to be honest

Yeah... Nobody bothers with the headlight washers and the levellers, hence why most of the forum jump on HID's.

Only thing is do you have projectors? Because no projectors and I wouldn't recommend them at all, they're horrible.

You'd be looking at 6000K with a good quality kit, or 5000K with a poor kit to match up the halo's probably.

Well the mk 6 fiestas already have auto levelling so it'd just be the washers realy. Ive been wondering about those- could the washers be hooked up to the windscreen washer hoses rather than fit a seperate pump etc? My headlights are projectors but Halfords are selling my headlights and it says on their website not suitable for HID's :/ id go for a decent set if I was going to have them

Not suitable for HID's because they're Halogen projectors, which means the don't have auto-levelling systems or the headlamp washers, or one of them is missing.

Now your problem is, the connecting of the hoses. I've gone from the pipe after the pump to the washers, and it seemed to handle it fine before fitment of the washers. I haven't finished fitting so I can't say if they'll work 100% but they seemed to have a decent amount of pressure.

I've bought 2 Focus washers, I have a headlamp levelling system and I have a set of 55W HID's with 6000K bulbs. I just need a pair of headlamps (which I'm buying next week). Honestly, it's not worth the hassle of installing levellers, but it's my pet project. Also going to install Halo DRL's I think, as I can't think of a way to make something 'Audi style' to make look anything other than horrendous. May not bother but it's a possibility.

Just wish I could fit bi-xenon's but it'd make the use of the high beam reflector completely useless :P

Was just wondering. I bought projector headlights for mine with the intent of installing HID's but i didn't notice that the ones i bought wer H1's instead of H4's. Do you think any H1 kit would fit?

You're right enough actualy the auto levelling doesnt work with these headlights there. Think thats why ive had the problem the original post was about the garage have adjusted my dipped beam level higher and its adjusted the main beam aswell. My cars one thing I dont mind spending money on though. Itd be so much easier if they just made HID's legal as long as they were correctly fitted because im sure itd be alot easier to get hold of washers for the cars etc

It's just the expense, and the fact chavs are sticking them in reflector housing's. They're so much better than Halogen, and safer. Much nicer against road signs too.

Yeah mine are h1 bulbs aswell. Any h1 kit should fit I mean the only difference between h1 and h4 is that the h4 uses double filament bulbs forbthe dipped beam/main beam, but the h1 uses seperate bulbs for the main/dipped beam. You'd basically be after a normal kit instead of a bi-xenon kit

I don't really see the fuss about having them in aftermarket as long as its the proper lamps that are used. My biggest gripe is people who change a bulb when it blows and put something completely different in like a 55w in one side and a 70w in the other. THERE IS JUST NO NEED!!!!!! LOL :lol:

I agree im sure if they made it legal there would be plenty of after market kits to properly convert your headlights. The way it is just now is encouraging people not to do them properly

Hmmmmmmmm looks like I might be buying a new toy come pay day then.

The only cars that should be banned from having them is landrovers cus their headlights are alot higher and they do blind ye when your driving

Honestly I've been running round for a few weeks with mine, not had 1 flash, pull or anything.

Don't go for 8000K they look obvious, awful and don't give a good light. As long as you have projector lenses and not reflector housings, you're fine. If you have reflectors, don't think reflector bulbs will work, they're won't >.<

20121128_202235.jpg

That's how they look on mine.

They are certainly much safer, and cost effective. My mate put a set in his Hyundai about 3years ago and he says he has never had to change a bulb yet. His car even passes its MOT with them fitted!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club