Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Main/dipped Beam

DanGersFord

What temperature did you go for? And what bulbs do you have in your fog lights if you don't mind me asking?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanGersFord

• b1g_dav3

• 5t3v3

• Stoney871

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See thats all I want a nice ice whits colour. Thats the colour of my halos/LED sidelights

I don't mind at all :P

I went for this kit with 6000k bulbs: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h4-hi-lo-beam-twin-relay-canbus-pro-hid-conversion-kit/

The trouble is, cheaper kits, 5000K will produce the same temperature as it's putting too much into the bulbs, heating up the wires going into the ballasts and also blowing the bulbs quicker (£20 - £30 fleabay jobs), so a good quality AC system is worth the extra money for sure, and they're a good company to deal with.

My fog lights are these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H11-H8-CREE-16W-XENON-WHITE-LED-FOG-LIGHT-BULBS-UK-PAIR-SPOT-DRL-AUDI-/300829422880?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460ad4b520

Pricey (half the cost of the HID's >.<) but they look great, and they're bright enough to use. Not as bright as if you had halogen's but a much nicer and more penetrating light (which I feel is better for low visibility conditions as you have headlights for lighting up where you're going anyway).

Just to round up, I have these as sidelights too: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-T10-501-W5W-CREE-Q5-LED-BULB-12-24V-XENON-WHITE-VERY-HIGH-POWER-/350604461211?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a1a7849b

Don't go for others, you need them no more than 12mm across or they won't fit through the holes cut for the bulbs (you could drill away and put bigger, higher power ones in, but from the picture below you'll see they're bright at 3W.

20120816_2055160.jpg

Ive had a few different set of LED 501 's but they only last about a month and then the diodes start blowing :S cheap crap from eBay.Ive these Prism ones now and havent had any bother and they look brilliant

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=864547&categoryId=272449&langId=-1

Had those CREE's in mine for over a year, my old car (now owned by mum) has had a set in for just over 2 years as well without a problem.

Miss my old car :( lol.

Generally LED clusters are junk, replacing my reg plate ones as one keeps fading. Trouble is, CREE's are expensive, the one's in my sidelights costing £25 for the 2, the fog's £25 for the 2, and then the HID's at £54 >.<

This is my sidelights/halos

post-37948-0-89638700-1357344899_thumb.j

Hmmmmmmm i don't have sidelights anymore since i replaced the headlights, mine now has Audi style LED's in them (will post a pic later after work) only trouble is 3 of them have blown on one side. Will need to check Maplin to see if i can get more. Im quite tempted by those fog lights. I have some cheap Chinese crap in mine just now that just look blue and crap lol. Ive found HID kits on eBay for about £30 how bad can they be lol? :wacko:

Dan, no pictures have come up on your post >.<

If they're DC ballasts, then rather bad :P

i know its because i was trying to do it from my phone and it wasnt having any of it that should be it now ;)

post-37948-0-79988300-1357345058_thumb.j

Looks decent, I still like my sidelights though :P still undecided on putting halo's on my headlights, guess I'll see how they look and go from there :P

Fitting the halos was my second/probably favourite mod :). My most recent mod was my dial kit that looks great aswel 2 secs and ill post before and after pics

So far my mod's are a new grill on front, lights and stuff, and coilovers :P

Ive fitted a full body kit, alloys, halo/projector headlights, converted my brakelights the mk 6 facelift lights as the prefacelift ones are horrible, led interior/liscence plate bulbs, dmb badges, painted my interior dash, fitted the dial kit, tinted windows, changed stereo/fitted sub. I think thats it. Im getting new alloys and coilovers next :) and like i said im considering HIDs :)

Looks decent, I'd consider doing the same but I can get the new facelift speedo for a steal so I'm going for that :P

They look decent, may have a little look into them. I've managed to get a lot of the innards off a Mk7.5 Fiesta that's been written off in testing and sent to my dad's work and only needs to come back with the Shell in tact and all the running gear :P

Strip it lol im just basically making my mk 6 look nice untill ive saved up enough money for a mk 1 focus RS :) gona wait untill im 25 though only 2 years now :) cheaper insurance obv lol

I do too much driving for petrol, my plan after the warranty expires is to remap, bigger injectors, new turbo, new full exhaust system and so on.

Either that or trade in for a Leon or A3 :P

There wouldnt be any point me doing that to my motor. It's only a measley 1.3 :( lol ill probably change my back box and fit an induction kit but that'll probably be the most ill do on that side of things

Either that or trade in for a Leon or A3 :P

Go for a cupra r.

Looking at a Supercopa with the 2 litre TDI engine with DSG; just seems sweet to me :P easily mapped to 210bhp which should give it some poke.

http://i1289.photobu...037615E2717.jpg

Not sure how to put a picture on the post

This is what my sidelights look like, and the fog lights too. Dan I've got a set of the facelift tail lights to put on mine but struggling to get the wiring for them, where did you get yours? Does the Lockwood kit come in black with the blue tint as well as the white? Tried replacing the bulbs for blue LED's once before and it kinda worked for a while but there wasn't enough power going to all the lights and we ended up frying the circuit board :(. Ive not really done that much to my car, done:

The headlights and fog light bulbs

New Kenwood made for iPod head unit

Replaced the rubber gear gaiter for a leather one

Replaced the green interior switches for blue ones ( If anyone has any idea how to do the heater controls would be helpful, can't get past some thick white plastic before the numbers on the inside)

Put the leather interior from a Ghia X into it.

Colour coded 1 wing mirror (ran out of paint and never got round to doing the other one, plus going to do the door handles, boot handle and body mouldings when the better weather comes.)

Put a set of mud flaps on it

Batman DMB gel overlays and Batman valve caps.

And got a set of Fox FX1's on it that were matt black and red around the lip when I got them but I've sprayed them gloss black and the same shade of blue as the car (going to repaint them again when the better weather is here though)

Pretty boring to have had it 4years now lol.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

I got the facelift brake lights/wiring from that site. I had to put in a specific parts request on the site for the "bulbs holders" (this is the wiring) for the fiesta mk 6 facelift brakelights. The wiring between the prefacelift and facelift lights are different though because on the facelift lights you get an extra reverse/foglight (one each side) also the plug to the new lights is different also. You can buy plugs seperate plugs though and its quite easy to run the 2 wires for the extra reverse/foglight each side. If you arent sure, buy the bulb holders/lights and get an auto electrician to fit them for you. They should be able to get the plug for you and run the extra wires and it shouldnt cost any more than about £40-50. I posted a short guide how to do it in the fiesta guides section.

With the dial kit I think you can only get white or silver faces but you can get a few different colours of dial illumination. Ive changes my interior switches aswell and havent yet found out how to change the heater controls. I think the heater controls might be similar to the speedo which uses illuminescent ink with juat a normal bulb behind it. Im gona buy a cheap one off eBay and strip it to see if it is possible though so ill keep you posted.

I colour coded my wing mirrors and the front grill and that looks pretty good and im gona get my handles/body moulding and boot lip done aswel. Ive got a mate whos a spray painter and I need to get my bonnet resprayed anyway because some idiot had left 3 lovely deep scratches in it which cant be polished out so im getting it all done at the same time