Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Lighting Upgrade.

Gavc

Hi all, desperately need to upgrade my interior lighting in my 2010 focus s but wanted some feedback from you guys and gals in the know of what type of bulbs/ LEDs to purchase and where from?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and could save me some money buying a load of old crap!! ;)

Many thanks

Gav

Hi Mate,

I've been getting my LED's from this guy off eBay and have been very pleased with them - http://stores.ebay.c...n-jp2002?_rdc=1

I'm assuming yours is a mk2.5 model so you will need the following:

Interior

Footwell - 501 Wedge Bulbs 12 Cluster

Map Reading Lights - 501 Wedge Bulb 4 Cluster

Main Front Interior Light - Festoon Bulb you will need to check the correct length

Rear Interior Light - 501 Wedge Bulb 4 Cluster

Exterior

Front Sidelights - 501 Wedge Bulb Ultra Power

Puddle Lights (Approach Lights in wing mirror) - 501 Wedge Bulbs SMD's

Number Plate Lights - 501 Wedge Bulbs SMD's

Hope this helps.

:)

Hi mate,

That's fab, many thanks for that info, will get on to that this weekend and order up some leds!! :)

Thanks again

Gav

Hi Mate,

I've been getting my LED's from this guy off ebay and have been very pleased with them - http://stores.ebay.c...n-jp2002?_rdc=1

Interior

Main Front Interior Light - Festoon Bulb you will need to check the correct length

Exterior

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I'm looking for the blue version of most of what you did above, did you not use canbus error free types?

I also have a mk2.5 tit tdci

Thanks

No the CANBUS system is not on the mk2.5 models (well not on mine and i have a tit 2.0tdci) and for the blue just use the first link I posted and search the shop as I know he def has blue as well

Hi Mate,

I've been getting my LED's from this guy off ebay and have been very pleased with them - http://stores.ebay.c...n-jp2002?_rdc=1

Interior

Exterior

Hope this helps.

Hi mate,

Just been checking my interior bulbs and I don't have a festoon main and rear interior bulb it's a 6wx, don't suppose you know what led to replace this with??

Many thanks

Gav

Hi. Has any one upgraded there lights on a 2002 focus ?

Just been checking my interior bulbs and I don't have a festoon main and rear interior bulb it's a 6wx, don't suppose you know what led to replace this with??

Gav, I've not heard of that bulb type before...can you post a pic as Google only posts up house light bulbs for 6wx?

Hi. Has any one upgraded there lights on a 2002 focus ?

Twizzel, the theory for a 2002 model should be the same...the only possible differences is the number plate bulbs these could be festoon and the map reading lights.

The best advise I can offer would be to take the covers off and check all the bulb types then go shopping on eBay...shop link above.

Happy shopping :)

Hi mate, to be fair it looks the same as the w5w bulbs either side, what do you think?

post-39625-0-29315100-1357478568_thumb.j

Hi mate, to be fair it looks the same as the w5w bulbs either side, what do you think?

Yep it's a W5W/501 bulb :)

Thanks guys, god knows why it's got 6wx printed on it!

Best get ordering some LEDs!! :)

Excellent, get some pics up when you get them

If its more light you are after have a look at the link below.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item484bdfba1e

I have 2 of these fitted in the front light and 2 fitted in the rear and 1 in each of the footwell lights. They are nice and bright and give off a good spread of light.

If its more light you are after have a look at the link below.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item484bdfba1e

I have 2 of these fitted in the front light and 2 fitted in the rear and 1 in each of the footwell lights. They are nice and bright and give off a good spread of light.

Cheers for the heads up on these mate, will have a look. :)

LEDs arrived today, 4x 7 smd, should brighten up the interior!

post-39625-0-41944300-1357843708_thumb.j

Fitting tomorrow, pics to follow! :)

light came today and its fitted now, simple as the standard one. im assuming its a standard size with fords

with the standard bulbs it did appear to be shining more on the front of the dash though and not where you'd actually want it.

first put in a festoon panel with 6 LEDs (http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ab576b3c6). which was better because i slightly tinted it towards the interior more.

...but then remembered a 12 SMD panel (http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649) and my soldering iron started calling!!

its a tight fit in the courtesy light section, so i soldered the festoon adaptor directly into the panel with as little wire as possible.

here we go :)

with the LED festoon. you'll notice the light pointing forward and not really lighting the dash (tbh, it wasnt pitch black at that time, but you can still tell)

post-37490-0-65040400-1357847646_thumb.j

post-37490-0-03288200-1357847658_thumb.j

With the 12 SMD plate

post-37490-0-22551500-1357847714_thumb.j

Cheers

Just noticed when its dark that when in the mode where it comes on when the doors are open that it doesn't turn fully off. There's a very slight glow.

I searched Google and an astra(i think) forum was saying its just because leds run on tiny amps so it can go off what's left in the wires.

But if that's the case then why does it go properly off when the switch is fully off?

Any ideas? ..solder might have shifted to touch something else maybe?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club