Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Facelift Drls

Mobius1

Hiya, new member here.

I shall be taking delivery of a facelift Fiesta in February as my company car. The model I'm getting is a basic spec Zetec 1.25 - I have test driven a 1.4 and also played in a friend's 1.4 current look Mk7 and really enjoyed driving both.

I am wondering what the headlight design with non-LED DRLs looks like - does anybody have any pics? All the promotional materials show the LEDs which are reserved for the Titanium models but it seems that Zetecs get DRLs which I assume are incandescent? I'm assuming it's not just a case of the sidelights being on, since the base Studio & Edge facelifts don't appear to employ DRLs at all.

Anybody know?

Steve

I thought the European legislation would mean that every model of facelift Fiesta would have to have DRLs?!?

I thought the European legislation would mean that every model of facelift Fiesta would have to have DRLs?!?

DRL's are standard across the range, but only the Titty/Titty X has the LED's for the DRL's, seems a bit odd to use non LED's for something that will be on most of the cars life and will blow during the cars life but no doubt ford have especially positioned the bulb so it can only be changed by the main dealer garage at the usual labour rates....

That's a bit disappointing isn't it? I don't quite understand though, as the eBrochure spec only lists DRL from Zetec up.

I was also under the impression that the Euro legislation re "vehicles must have DRLs" only applied to 'new models' and not strictly to facelift variants of the same model. Hence why for e.g. Citroen C1, Toyota Aygo et all have top spec versions with LED running lights, whereas the other don't have any form of DRL.

Mind you, not that it really matters just wondered what they looked like. You're probably right on about Ford making them non user serviceable - they're tightwads!

That's a bit disappointing isn't it? I don't quite understand though, as the eBrochure spec only lists DRL from Zetec up.

The brochure is as clear as mud. Page26 under headlights says the Studio (ie base) model has "Twin Chamber Halogens Reflectors with black bezel and Day Running Lights", and if you look at the models part of the web page Day Running Lights are listed under the studio too.

Car makers get round the DRL law by using the side lights as the day time running light. Something Volvo has done for many years. So you will find your side lights will always be on when driving.

I always put my headlights on, I don't need this latest fad :P

I always put my headlights on, I don't need this latest fad :P

My car always puts them on for me. :P

My car always puts them on for me. :P

Mine does too lately with all this awful weather >_> but just in-case I always just turn them on, I like mine on all the time even in good weather rather than relying on auto-lights.

Mine does too lately with all this awful weather >_> but just in-case I always just turn them on, I like mine on all the time even in good weather rather than relying on auto-lights.

Oh I see, I was trying to be flash - didn't realise u had auto lights too lol

:P got the auto-headlight pack (with whatever is with it) as a bonus throw in seeing the dealer needed rid of the car :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club