Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Side Lights

McNeil

Meh I ran with CBI's for a while, I swapped to Cool Blue Hyper and had a decent-ish non-yellow light, but honestly HID's are about the only way for main's if you want an ice white light, otherwise legally Cool Blue Intense is the legal one, and Cool Blue Hyper being the naughty one.

I use CBI myself and they're far far better than those sorry yellow things that most manufacturers still insist on fitting to cars.

As said above hypers are designated for show/off road only.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-blue-vision-ultra-h4-hid-car-headlight-bulbs

Ive got these in at the moment but im goin to change back to the CBI next bulb change. The phillips bulbs last long/are better quality IMO but thw CBI's have got a slightly better colour. As stated HID's are the only way to get a decent icy white colour

I use CBI myself and they're far far better than those sorry yellow things that most manufacturers still insist on fitting to cars.

As said above hypers are designated for show/off road only.

Whats the worst that can happen to you if you fit the cool blue hypers and get pulled for them? And is there much chance of being pulled for them? cheers

So little chance lol, if you get away with HID's then you're going to get away with 5000K bulbs.

Can't say really, I've never used a Phillips but from what I hear, OSRAM tend to have colour temperatures closer to what is stated and more desirable looking, whereas Phillips tend to last a little longer but are usually a little off colour. Don't get fleabay cheap bulbs that are 5000K, they're usually terrible.

I normally stick to phillips cus i know I'm getting decent bulbs. I learnt my lesson about cheap bulbs after buyin the cheap ''unbranded'' LED sidelights i was telling you about before. Just been reading some reviews there and the DV's are apparently more icy white as opposed to the CBH's which have abit more of a blue hint to them :/ decisions decisions lol

My unbranded LED's have failed in my reg plate >.< lol.

OSRAM's are a good make so don't worry about branding. I prefer ice white over blue, which is why I'm glad my HID's turned out white without any blue tint, like CREE LED's which is always good :P

Think I'm gona go for the DV's and I'll let you know if they're any good. I think I am gona get HID's though. I'm getting new alloys, coilovers and uprated brakes first so probs wont be for a few months

TBH most regular Patrol Officers will not be aufait with lighting regulations unless you dazzle them yourself.

A Traffic Officer will be all over you like a rash as they are always up to date with current traffic regulations and will know what's legal and what isn't.

So what generally happens if you get pulled up for them?

You get told off, told to go to an MOT station after you've rectified the problem, small fine; not worth it to most traffic cops, you're not speeding :P

In fairness, most MOT station's don't give a crap and will just sign it off anyway knowing you'll just put them back in, so take your money and that's it. Probably another reason you won't get pulled.

For safety as well as environmental reasons, the law has created a number of regulations governing the construction and use of vehicles. Although many of these relate to the manufacture of vehicles and should not concern the motorist, others have to do with the condition of the vehicle, when it is used

It is important to realise that offences can be committed even if the motorist is not aware that a specific breach of the regulation has occurred. Thus it is not a defence to a charge of using a vehicle with faulty brake lights to say that you were not aware that they were not working. The motorist is expected to check that all is in order before setting off. The most common offences are the following:

• Using a vehicle in a dangerous condition
  • Using a vehicle with faulty brakes
  • Using a vehicle with defective tyres
  • Using a vehicle with faulty/non compliant lights

In cases where the defect in a vehicle was minor the police used to give verbal warning to the driver and ask them to put the defect right. However, since the introduction of the Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme (VDRS), the police have been able to require the motorist to put the defect right in order to avoid a prosecution. The scheme is voluntary. It involves the police giving the motorist a form, which sets out the defect. The motorist must rectify the defect and submit the vehicle for inspection by an approved garage. The result of the inspection is endorsed on the form, which must be returned to the police within 14 days; otherwise the motorist will be prosecuted.

However if your vehicle's condition is so bad that it is considered dangerous your licence will be endorsed with penalty points and your vehicle could be impounded

Cheers Clive is it? :) my car is immaculate safety wise I check everything before I leave just out of habit realy because ive got to do with the works van

Safety? Oh dear.... I have 2 sharks and a tiger in my car.

Yeah me to but they wear seatbelts ;) lol

Tbh there's so much crap in my car I'd probably kill myself in an accident, really needs a good clean.

If a Traffic officer is having a 'bad day' you can even get a rectification notice for an empty wash bottle or a loose battery.

Im a pure clean freak I like mine spotless lol. That reminds me ive got a leak in my boot n my carpets starting to stink :/ gona need to seal around my brake light

No way mate I have had this horrible smell in my car that's why I been cleaning it so much we have had a lot of water and flooding around my area and I went down this road and the water came in through the bottom of the door seals and have puddles in my car so I dryer it out and clean them and scrubed the carpets with hot water and fairy liquid and it still smells have you got any ideas for me haha