Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Satnav Unit Fitted (Pics)

liam-20

ooh this is on my christmas list :D

Looks really smart. I think this has been added to the wish list!

I'm a member of the stoc and was involved in a group buy for this type of head unit before Christmas, I have to say its a great bit of kit, the only thing that lets it down is the hands free

im defo interested in one of these they look good, just waiting for funds... however

baby due in 6 weeks :wacko: #nervous!!

but good excuse as when the baby is a little older i can swing mothers views round and say the kid can watch a film lol :P

• 2 months later...

why does it say wireless camara when it has wire to it, is it me being dumb...have you got a link for which head unit and cmara goes together?

hi matt

the camera that you can buy with the unit is either wired or wireless, i bought the wireless one due to me being lazy and didnt want to run the cable up the boot lid and into the car and down to the radio, so i wired the transmitter into the rear lights in the boot lid then wired the reciever into the radio ignition (both of which are 12v)

which ever one you buy they both plug into the 2 connectors on the back of the radio, just depends how much work you want to put in (i dont belive there much difference in price)

also make sure you get the right shape for your model of car, the mk2 (old shape) has a different shape number plate light fitting than the mk2.5

• 9 months later...

I've bought one of these stereos from eBay and although it's definitely the right size and shape, it won't fit into the space that the old stereo was in because the clips on the sides are different. Does anyone know how I can sort this problem out? Cheers!

Do you have a photo of the radio and the hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Can you not unscrew the retaining clips and just sit it in done that with a few radios before should hold on the rubber piece at the rear that slides into a hole .

Sorry yeah, should have posted those first :)

This is the hole:

http://tinypic.com/r/t87z47/8

This is the original stereo from the front and side:

http://tinypic.com/r/347jw9x/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2q2hjxc/8

This is the new stereo from the front and side:

http://tinypic.com/r/wjfcip/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2hnq8ig/8

This is me trying to insert the new stereo into the hole and the obstructing piece of bracket:

http://tinypic.com/r/1zfioax/8

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

That is close, it looks like it might be a careful job with a Dremel on the existing surround?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've just been out and removed the bracket completely and it does slide nicely into place. Friction won't hold it in though, it pops out slightly so I guess I need to find a way to hold it in place. I quickly rang an installation place and they've said that there might be some kind of "cage" (I think that was the word he used) that I might need to put in first.

An additional question: I removed two cables from the back of the old stereo (well, one cable and one bundle of cables terminating in a plastic connector). The bundle of cables very obviously connects to the back of my new stereo but the single cable (which I think is the radio antenna) doesn't seem to connect to my new stereo.

This is a pic of the back of my new stereo: http://tinypic.com/r/rwjjt2/8

Any ideas where I might plug the radio antenna in?

An aerial connector would go to the black tube top right on the picture.

You'd need an iso to din adaptor.

Sent from my S5

Also from looking at the connectors on your radio, they are different to standard Ford quadlock connectors.

Do you have an adaptor or different wiring to all other Fords?

TBH it looks like an American or Australian/Asian model.

Sent from my S5

Yeah the stereo came with an adapter. I imagine with it being an eBay job, it probably originated in Asia somewhere. Seems to run ok when plugged in though - just no radio reception right now but I'll see if I can get one of those adapters from Halfords over the weekend :)

It looks like this-

2014-07-04%2017.17.34_1.png

As for the fitting of the radio, how different are the clips in dimension/design?

Sent from my S5

They seem fairly similar but the new ones are taller which is why they don't fit. You can see the difference in the images I posted earlier - both stereos are the same height but their brackets differ. I tried to remove the brackets from the old stereo to move over to the new one but they seem to be part of the front plate so I don't think that'll work unfortunately

I reckon then (as stated before) yoi'll need to remove the radio fascia and test fit the radio to in on a bench then you'll have full access to trim the fascia to match the clips better.

Just be sure that you are able to remove the radio from the fascia a couple of times before final fit to the car.

You don't want to get into a position where the radio goes in ok but you can't remove it without breaking something.

Sent from my S5

Hmm ok, if anything I'm just trying to avoid having to hack anything up if there's a simple replacement bracket that'll do the job instead :)

I've ordered one of those. Hopefully it'll do the trick! Thanks for your help :)

Do keep us updated on your progress.

If you have any dramas give us a shout.

Sent from my S5

Doesn't look like Halfords have the iso to din adapter that I need for the radio which is a shame so I guess I'll have to order one onlie. Not sure if there's anywhere else I'd be able to pick one up locally

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club