Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Satnav Unit Fitted (Pics)

liam-20

Lol cheers. Just raced round there and the guy fitted it for me with a booster since the reception didn't sound too great.

Slowly but surely getting there anyway :)

Did turn the sat nav on as I was driving back from Halfords and it seemed to be mapped to a different country but I'll work that one out this weekend...

• Like 1

Heh, the replacement facia (DFP-07-17) arrived today but sadly the opening was too small.

Does anyone know if there's a facia with an opening that would fit this stereo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121337525115?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I get the feeling that maybe what I need here is a fitting kit or cage. I've had a look in the stereo hole and I don't really understand how a cage would be secure inside there but I guess it would become apparent if I got my hands on one. With my stereo being 10cm high I guess I'd need a dfpk-103 to fit it properly. Fingers crossed this will be the right solution...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at getting one of these units probably off a-sure, plus reversing camera too.

Have had a good read of this topic to get familiar with what's what but is there anything I need to look out for before hitting that buy it now button?

Cheers

Guys there is one called the eonon d5161 and you can change the color of the LEDs to suit the dash as well as add a ford logo splash screen at start up.

Does anyone know is the sat nav good on these? I'm looking a satnav but I really like the look of these and I am geared towards buying one if the sat have are decent enough.

Thanks.

I have this one, it's quite good. The sat NAV works well, I've downloaded a copy of Navigo Primo which is excellent.

There are some issues with the eonon:

Doesn't support usb wifi or bluetooth dongles, so can't get traffic updates.

Occasionally crashes (especially when using NAV and SD card MP3).

Steering wheel buttons are backwards for skipping tracks.

RDS name only displays in a tiny part of the screen, frequency is the main display (and also to the instrument cluster display).

Talking of radio, reception strength is pretty awful.

User interface is quite cheap looking.

Having said all that, there are plenty of plus points:

Audio quality is really quite good, much better than factory.

Optional TPMS add on works brilliantly!

Loads of functionality, especially for the money.

Hands free calling and A2DP streaming works well.

GPS signal seems strong.

Excellent factory look.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

ross

would you recommend this unit or a different one?

i though it looked good for the price.

can the maps be updated and do they have the thing here it tells you what lane to use ect?

any pics of yours installed?

I'd recommend it, yes. Overall worth the money, definitely!

It just runs windows CE6, so any software for that will work. If you got hunting on the web, you can "buy" tomtom, Primo, or any number of other GPS software solutions for navigation.

post-43549-140595954743_thumb.jpgpost-43549-140595959673_thumb.jpgpost-43549-140595964043_thumb.jpgpost-43549-140595966997_thumb.jpg

You can see the install from the above pics. I'd recommend getting the silver version, it looks more factory than my black one.

One of the photos shows the (garish) user interface on the radio.

What isn't shown is the reversing camera and tyre pressure monitoring systems, but they're there!

Ross

Great pics. I will be getting one in the next month or so I think the silver will go well with the mk2.5 focus. Good value for what you get I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a long day hence posting this rather late - have got my new head unit more or less installed now, still some wiring to tidy up plus I've not yet connected the ipod cable or the USB link lead.

Seems tight for room in the dash, think this isn't helped by the camera cable connector maybe fouling one of the main harnesses behind the head unit but can't see properly. Need some more work here plus I've got the CANBUS box and Quadlock connector just wrapped in foam and pushed out of the way so far and these may need something better too.

Mainly got as far as powering it up, was worried when I connected up the main connector and heard a click - thought it had blown the fuse but all was ok.

Observations so far - not got the camera lead connected yet and was surprised to see it switch to camera view when I put the car in reverse, must get this from a canbus signal I expect.

Couldn't find the SD card so have had to email the seller to get that sorted. Also tried selecting DVD and it said 'No Device' - would this be because there wasn't a disc in the slot or maybe should one of the spare connections in the quadlock need a feed from the handbrake or similar to let the DVD player function?

Any help with these would be appreciated :)

Just remembered a couple of other queries - any tips on best place for the GPS antenna? it's at the edge of the dash behind where the tax disc is at the moment.

And for the FM reception, can anyone recommend a suitable booster if I need one? tried googling this but it didn't help really.

Cheers

Dvd players need a handbrake on signal to allow activation as the driver being able to see dvd's whilst driving is illegal.

You could run the gps aerial up to between the headlining and roof and see how the signal is.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Dvd players need a handbrake on signal to allow activation as the driver being able to see dvd's whilst driving is illegal.

You could run the gps aerial up to between the headlining and roof and see how the signal is.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers for the quick reply :)

I've not looked further at the car yet, been pedalling round Wales all day and now fighting off the dreaded 'just going to lie down for 5 mins......."

Any clues what the cable may be marked up as?

I can remember there being a couple of spare ends, one marked Key but can't remember the rest. There's an orange cable with black connector on it also spare, as well as a pair of these which are connected between the various plugs. Will see if I can get a photo of it, can't make it out properly from the eBay advert.

Strangely enough first time I switched the car off it started beeping Key outside vehicle and set the alarm off when I locked it

Just wondering if anyone can help out some more with the handbrake wiring - I've emailed the seller but no info back yet.

At the moment the unit shows 'No Device' if I try and select DVD.

Spare wires on the Quadlock loom are marked

Key 2

Woofer Power

Auto Ant Enna (their spelling)

Grey

Blue/black

Have checked both the Grey and Blue/black wires - each has 5V on it, tried earthing each of these and no different with the DVD function. 2 of the marked up cables are obviously not for the handbrake, and not sure if Key 2 would be for it either.

Is anyone who's fitted one of these systems got any idea what's what for the handbrake connection. Only other thing I can think of is if the unit actually needs connecting to handbrake circuit to pick up CAN signal before it'll work, instead of me just trying it out earthing one of the cables. No problem if that's the case I just need to know which wire it actually is and I can dig into the console to sort it.

Cheers

Apologies, another query - thought my unit had 3G but it doesn't - what benefits does the 3G actually give?

Also I was finding the unit a bit difficult to fit in place because the reverse camera phono plug fouled one of the wiring looms in the dash - sorted now with a nice little 90 degree phono adaptor from Maplin :)

I just had this unit set up in my car and i freaking love it!

3 Problems though, on the steering wheels control:-

(1) The volume down is increasing the volume instead of decreasing, which means both buttons are increasing the volume

(2) The next/previous button don't work

(3) The unit doesn't light up?

Maybe someone here can help :(

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me if this item number is the same unit under a different names looks identical but much cheaper eBay item 121444138601 £145??

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

The finish on the back of that unit looks a bit shoddy, so definitely different but its probably good to know that most of the insides of these things are the same, BUT there are some shockers out there too, id be hesitant to buy something that isn't branded, even if it is a clone, at least with a brand you have something to come back on and an expectation of quality from other users (like Eonon is a brand, I don't mean high end Sony etc, just "A" brand name)

The finish on the back of that unit looks a bit shoddy, so definitely different but its probably good to know that most of the insides of these things are the same, BUT there are some shockers out there too, id be hesitant to buy something that isn't branded, even if it is a clone, at least with a brand you have something to come back on and an expectation of quality from other users (like Eonon is a brand, I don't mean high end Sony etc, just "A" brand name)

Ye the back does look like its been done with a dremel still temped though might take one for the team on this one lol

I'd recommend it, yes. Overall worth the money, definitely!

It just runs windows CE6, so any software for that will work. If you got hunting on the web, you can "buy" Tomtom, Primo, or any number of other GPS software solutions for navigation.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1405959546.450937.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1405959592.938457.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1405959630.373216.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1405959664.213111.jpg

Hi mate did you buy your eonon head unit from the US? Do you mind me asking how much import duty was?

I got it from their eBay store (HK delivery). I can't honestly remember how much the import duty was (it was over a year ago), but HMRC website has a calculator to see what it will cost. It's up to the seller what value they declare on the customs declaration (which is where the customs charges are calculated from)...

I got it from their eBay store (HK delivery). I can't honestly remember how much the import duty was (it was over a year ago), but HMRC website has a calculator to see what it will cost. It's up to the seller what value they declare on the customs declaration (which is where the customs charges are calculated from)...

yea i thought there was a calculator, went looking for it but i couldnt find it :/ HK delivery is the store name ?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys/girls recently bought a dvd satnav unit off ebay was a no name make so i was bit unsure but i thought oh well comes with 1 year warrenty.

so this is the unit i bought it replaces the old unit with no need for any adaptors and comes with canbus so you can still use all the steering wheel controls

DFDDBB55-6DF5-4940-96F1-C4CE2295F87F-512

so features are

*satnav, dvd, bluetooth, aux input, rear camera input, 3g capable and front mounted micro sd card slot (free 4gb card as well)

so this was my old unit

72B42D7B-FB18-4548-A7BC-C5C9E5166404-971

And how the dash looks now

1E8D2B3D-6670-411D-9AB3-AF084D58622F-971

rear view camera is a real help and very clear on the screen

55180012-7719-438B-8493-B09DE782BB9A-296

bluetooth is very easy to use and you can download your phonebook in to it

E1FA1501-C0A3-47A9-83E8-F56FF4740E20-971

satnav is very good a little complicated but am used to a tomtom but overall very good

CEB0A400-41C4-4652-99CB-73F4F15386C4-971

Am really happy with the unit i would give it 8/10 the only little thing ive found is the screen flickers slighty when it first comes on after its been off for a while but after 30 secs or so it stops so am not to fussed D.gif

Any comments welcome.

Hi Liam, Could you please post a list of the parts you had to get? Apart from the dvd/satnav unit itself, you also mentioned you got the rearview camera, did you also have to install any gps antenna and related cabling? Do you you have a list perhaps of the part numbers? thanks, minas

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club