Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Delete Advice Wanted

salsheikh

guys, i have got a blank off eBay but do not know where to place the blank.

this link shows a pic of the egr valve - the blank can fit on either side (r/h side is easier to access - not sure where the rubber hoses either):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-FORD-FOCUS-1-8-TDCI-KKDA-EGR-COOLER-4M5Q9F464BC-4M5Q-9F464-BC-/170971154257?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ceacc751

this link shows what the egr valve connects to (much harder to access as it is at the back of the engine)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-FORD-FOCUS-1-8-TDCI-KKDA-EGR-VALVE-4M5Q9424CC-4M5Q-9424-CC-/190781118193?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6b70d6f1

so the question is, where do i fit the blank?

Hi Sal, how's things mate? Can't help you on this as I just got my mechanic to fit mine on my 2.0 (which is probably different to your 1.8 anyway) when it was in for it's 'peace of mind service' as soon as I bought it, but I did come across this thread linked below. It's from a French forum but translates pretty well using Google translate, and more importantly it's for a 1.6, so I'm sorry if it's completely useless!

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.passion-focus.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D604182&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTuto%2Bd%25C3%25A9sactivation%2Bvanne%2BEGR%2BFocus%2BII%2BTDCI%2B1.6l%2B110ch%26hl%3Den%26tbo%3Dd%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D608&sa=X&ei=uDHrUKinC86YhQfPtYCIDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEEQ7gEwAA

Just a point on your links...have you got them the right way round or am I just misunderstanding the whole thing? I thought the second link is the actual EGR valve, which the plate should be placed on, and the first link is the cooler which it connects to, no? Could have it the wrong way round myself though.

Hi Gary, i may be wrong! How's the car coming along?

Do you know are there many members who have the EGR blanked? Hopefully somebody will have hands-on experience on the 1.8.

Car's no further forward mate. Still haven't got the green light from the insurance company, but I'm not too bothered as I know they can drag their heels and at least I know once I do get the go-ahead it'll be a major transformation in one go. I'll not clog up your thread with it, but still can't wait to get the makeover!

i hope its sorted soon. the flooding has caused a lot of work for the insurance companies - my cousing works for aviva and he is mega overloaded with work. i hope it works out for you mate.

i will have to see if i can access the egr from underneath the car - the old mans got a car pit!

Edited by jeebowhite
removed a slightly naughty word!

Hi mate, from what I've researched on the 1.8tdci, its by far the most difficult out of the 3 engines to fit a blanking plate to. You need to remove the exhaust, and turbo and all connecting pipework in order to get it in place. Which is what put me off getting one. Also I'm sure they are electrical too, which will throw up a EML once fitted. I just wanted to clean mine, bit after looking at the Haynes manual, and thinking of snapped studs and an awkward bolt on the turbo I decided to give it a miss until it needs doing...

Hi mate, from what I've researched on the 1.8tdci, its by far the most difficult out of the 3 engines to fit a blanking plate to. You need to remove the exhaust, and turbo and all connecting pipework in order to get it in place. Which is what put me off getting one. Also I'm sure they are electrical too, which will throw up a EML once fitted. I just wanted to clean mine, bit after looking at the Haynes manual, and thinking of snapped studs and an awkward bolt on the turbo I decided to give it a miss until it needs doing...

oh great! i was hoping it wouldnt be so difficult. why oh why did they have to make it like this. i am thinking of a decat so the exhaust would have to come off but i dont want to touch the turbo. i would have purchased the intake and cleaned it out before replacing mine but this is not worth the effort. i doubt using the bg244 cleaner would help much either.

Edited by jeebowhite
removed another slightly naughty word - please watch your choice of words.

I know pal, seems we picked the most common engine, tried and tested ford, solid, reliable, but !Removed! awkward to work on sometimes haha. I'm still having nightmares from when I replaced the alternator lol.

stuff like that goes to my dad as he is a mechanic but mods wise i try and do it myself! i will have a look and get back to you mate.

• 4 weeks later...

i got my egr blank fitted to my focus finally.

guide

remove wipers

remove scuttle panel

remove trim under scuttle panel

remove 2 screws and metal gasket

replace metal gasket with blank using the 2 screws previously removed

replace the trim, scuttle panel and wiper arms

jobs done - 20 mins

i will try and upload a pic later today as my works pc isnt allowing me to do it for some reason?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club