Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Rpm At 70,80 And 90

Slupanter

Hey,

Odd question but what RPM are you pulling in your Zetec S at 70, 80 and 90mph?

About 2.800 at 70 although I have a deisel zs wouldn't know about any higher than 70 ;)

About 2.800 at 70 although I have a deisel zs wouldn't know about any higher than 70 ;)

Of course not ;)

90 on a diesel is about 3400 rpm if memory serves, think running out of puff at 4700 in 5th at 120ish :-P

80 would be about 3150 I think.

Just tried it on the motorway while overtaking 70 2,500 80 2,800 90 3,200

I'm doing 4300rpm at 90 in 5th. Seems too high.

Unfortunately the lack of 6th gear doesn't help and the way it is geared but your revs are right for a petrol ZS. You wouldn't believe it but me old 1.6 Clio was spinning even faster at motorway speeds than the Fiesta does.

Yeah a lazy deisel engine doesn't fair much better without 6 gears

Hey,

Odd question but what RPM are you pulling in your Zetec S at 70, 80 and 90mph?

I remember it was about 3000 at 70mph on my petrol? I cant remember any higher im afraid but your revs dont sound too dissimaliar to what mine was like at that speed too :) if anything, i would only go as far as to say that it might have been a couple of hundred revs lower.

Unfortunately the lack of 6th gear doesn't help and the way it is geared but your revs are right for a petrol ZS. You wouldn't believe it but me old 1.6 Clio was spinning even faster at motorway speeds than the Fiesta does.

It really needs a six speed. I heard the ZS gear box was different to the metal's, is this true?

On a side note other than the BHP is there any difference between ZS and Metal (S1600)

90 on a diesel is about 3400 rpm if memory serves, think running out of puff at 4700 in 5th at 120ish :-P

80 would be about 3150 I think.

Nice job on your ZS by the way. Your specs look great. I had the red interior lighting on my Titanium. How easy is it to add?

It's the same gear box just been configured differently so it gets you to 60 over a second quicker

It really needs a six speed. I heard the ZS gear box was different to the metal's, is this true?

On a side note other than the BHP is there any difference between ZS and Metal (S1600)

Different air box, twin exit exhaust, black 17" alloys, leather interior.

Nice job on your ZS by the way. Your specs look great. I had the red interior lighting on my Titanium. How easy is it to add?

Very easy, you have bulb holders under the passenger and driver foot-wells, just plug bulbs in. Although some aren't wired up so it's just a case of luck really. I haven't done the ambient lighting as of yet, not sure if I will if honest but may look in to it.

my zs petrol doing 70 at 3000rpm but weird thing is my friends zs same but older does it in 3500rpm they all seem to be different!

2400 dead at 70, 2,600 at 80 and 3,000 at 90 on mine, just had her out :P

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club