Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any St Owners Experience This? (Others Input Welcomed)

MonsterST

I've only had the car for a day, so bare with me whilst I relearn everything again :).(Car novice anyways!)

I've noticed a few things that I'd like to see if it's usual, if it's a problem, how to fix etc.

- When braking my steering wheel feels the brunt, shakes slightly.

- A kind of thud thud sound coming from wheels. I think it's front, almost like a bearing on it's way out maybe? Fairly quiet at the moment.

- Pulls to left ever so slightly, guessing this is tracking and I think it's like £30 to fix?

Thanks for any advice guys. First REAL car for me, I'm hoping I get lucky with this beauty as I'm going to love it dearly!

Hi mate ive had a few st's now i have a zs mk7 but from my experience all st fiestas pull its the way they are set up i actually took mine to bmtr and the set all the wheels properly felt like diff car to drive if theres one by u go to them. with the vibrating steerin wheel sounds like yr discs arnt great mine were warped when this was happening when changed if all stopped. not sure bout yr other prob maybe someone else can help x

Discs for the shaking, drop links or track rod end play. (worn bushes) for the thudding and tracking/camber/caster settings for the steering bias.

Oh, and if I haven't already said so- Welcome to the Forum.

Hi mate ive had a few st's now i have a zs mk7 but from my experience all st fiestas pull its the way they are set up i actually took mine to bmtr and the set all the wheels properly felt like diff car to drive if theres one by u go to them. with the vibrating steerin wheel sounds like yr discs arnt great mine were warped when this was happening when changed if all stopped. not sure bout yr other prob maybe someone else can help x

Awesome stuff, you must love the cars to stick with them!

Well the car has been sitting around for over 6 months. (I've just bought it) So I'm going to check the tyres and make sure they're all upto par once I find out what pressure for them. The discs are pretty rusty as it's been sitting around. Might get them skinned if the problem doesn't go in a few weeks as I heard that could help.

Thanks for the reply, any tips for a first time ST owner?

Discs for the shaking, drop links or track rod end play. (worn bushes) for the thudding and tracking/camber/caster settings for the steering bias.

Oh, and if I haven't already said so- Welcome to the Forum.

Forgive me, I'm a noob and I joined this forum so I can learn more and hopefully one day be able to do certain things myself rather than pay for a mec etc.

Would you be able to give me prices, or how I go about fixing the things you listed. Also are the urgent etc?

Thanks man, you'll be seeing a lot of me ;)!

Pretty much all of those jobs can be done on ramps with basic tools.

I recommend you watch loads of episodes of Wheeler Dealer, Edd China does these jobs all the time and has some very good tips to make them easier.

Price wise, parts aren't that pricey but labour is the biggest bit at a garage.

Tracking needs to be done with the proper laser alignment kit, any tyre fitters or garage can do it for a reasonable fee.

Pretty much all of those jobs can be done on ramps with basic tools.

I recommend you watch loads of episodes of Wheeler Dealer, Edd China does these jobs all the time and has some very good tips to make them easier.

Price wise, parts aren't that pricey but labour is the biggest bit at a garage.

Tracking needs to be done with the proper laser alignment kit, any tyre fitters or garage can do it for a reasonable fee.

I'll start watching that show. IIRC the dude buys old motors and does them up to sell them for profit? My dad watches it!

What do you recommend me do? As I said the car hasn't been driven hard, fast or at all in the past 6 months. So I was going to drive it a couple weeks and see how the problems persist. I've only driven it three times! Yet so excited to get back in it!

Yeah I think there is a Tyre garage up the road from me, I think I remember my GF having wheel alignment/tracking on her old Ford KA, was around £30.

Thanks man.

Welcome anytime.

Sometimes when a car is sat up for a while things get stiff and squeaky so a good run about will do it the world of good.

do u have a bmtr by u ?? the normal garages didnt work for me even the laser thing didnt either. go and join this website i go on here too everybody has st's on there and really friendly people. http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk everyone seems great on here too. x

Welcome anytime.

Sometimes when a car is sat up for a while things get stiff and squeaky so a good run about will do it the world of good.

My dad said this also. I'm just over worried about my cars.

I had a 03 Corsa SXI for almost two years, only car since I passed my test. I spent quite a FAIR amount over the two years I had it, was pretty unlucky.

- Saved up all my overtime cash to purchase this ST. It's CAT C, 35k miles 2008. I got it for £4000 + My old Corsa. Just been MOTd, 6 months tax and 3 months warranty.

do u have a bmtr by u ?? the normal garages didnt work for me even the laser thing didnt either. go and join this website i go on here too everybody has st's on there and really friendly people. http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk everyone seems great on here too. x

Thanks I will do, however Mr Stoney and yourself are doing a good job ;):P

ha ha dont think many st owners

on here the guys on the other site know everything. i do miss my st but savin for the new one now be out soon lol x

ford fair is in august lots of people go there you will get lots of help there x

oooohhh long way from ford fair people do travel though from there its a good day have a look on the st site ill keep an eye out for ya x

oooohhh long way from ford fair people do travel though from there its a good day have a look on the st site ill keep an eye out for ya x

Haha where is it? Would be one hell of a ride (fun) though.

silverstone im in the midlands we all covoy there great day but have to meet up at 5am to get on our pitch you could bring yr car costs about 15 quid if yr with one of the sites x

As the others have said, sounds like you need new brake discs to stop the vibration when braking and get the bushes etc. checked to see where the noise is coming from.. :)

I wouldn't mind going to Ford Fair, any room on the stand for a car that's only ever cleaned with rain water and covered in stone chips? :P

I have given up washing my car at this time of year....

I live in the middle of nowhere, so if I wash it on the drive it gets dirty when I go anywhere and if I wash it at a garage it gets dirty when I get home.

Got to love country lanes!

Erm, I once went over it with a cloth after I drove through cow muck?

Lifetip: Cow poo on a gearbox is not a nice smell.

ha ha u nutter and as for livin in the country well i can imagine my cars white i wax it so much that it all slides off x

My dad said this also. I'm just over worried about my cars.

I had a 03 Corsa SXI for almost two years, only car since I passed my test. I spent quite a FAIR amount over the two years I had it, was pretty unlucky.

- Saved up all my overtime cash to purchase this ST. It's CAT C, 35k miles 2008. I got it for £4000 + My old Corsa. Just been MOTd, 6 months tax and 3 months warranty.

Did you tell your insurance that it was a Cat C. (it will be on there database) If you havn't and you make a claim they could use this as a reason not to pay out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club